champions league & europa league prize money 2009/10

Taken from Bert Kassies site

According to Marko Vjetrovic who is the president of Partizan Belgrad and a member of the European Club Asscociation (ECA) the prize money for the UEFA club competions will increase.

UEFA Champions League 2009/2010:

Bonus for domestic champion: 200.000 € *

1st qualifying round: 130.000 € *

2nd qualifying round: 130.000 € *

3rd qualifying round: 130.000 € *

Playoffs: 2.100.000 € *

Group stage: 7.100.000 €

Group match victory: 800.000 €

Group match draw: 400.000 €

1st knock out round: 3.000.000 €

Quarter-finals: 3.300.000 €

Semi-finals: 4.200.000 €

Final: 5.500.000 €

Winning the final: 3.500.000 €

* = These payments were only awarded to the clubs which quould not qualify for the UEFA Champions League group stage! Therefore Celtic do not get the 130,000 euros plus 2.1million euros plus the group stage money , that would be what they get should they get knocked out ( hopefully )

The remaining balance of € 341 million will be distributed according to the proportional value of each TV market, i.e. € 750,7 milion will be distributed from the group stage onwards (five times more than in the UEFA Europa League).

UEFA Europa League 2009/2010:

1st qualifying round: 90.000 €

2nd qualifying round: 90.000 €

3rd qualifying round: 90.000 €

Playoffs: 90.000 €

Group stage: 1.000.000 €

Group match victory: 140.000 €

Group match draw: 70.000 €

1st knock out round: 200.000 €

2nd knock out round: 300.000 €

Quarter-finals: 400.000 €

Semi-finals: 700.000 €

Final: 2.000.000 €

Winning the final: 1.000.000 €

The remaining balance of € 60 million will be distributed according to the proportional value of each TV market, i.e. € 150,36 milion will be distributed from the group stage onwards.

UEFA Supercup 2009:

Loser: 2.000.000 €

Winner: 2.500.000 €

Please note that as stated above the money quoted does not include our share of tv revenue for Scotland

Edited by rbr

* = These payments were only awarded to the clubs which quould not qualify for the UEFA Champions League group stage! Therefore Celtic do not get the 130,000 euros plus 2.1million euros plus the group stage money , that would be what they get should they get knocked out ( hopefully )

Right, so they'll only get 130,000 EU if they get papped out at their first hurdle, the 3rd qualifying round, but if they get past that then get papped out in the 4th qualifying round, they'll get 2.23m EU. Got it, thanks rbr! :thup:

Thanks for posting that here.

Saw your previous post elsewhere and glad you included that first bit in bold and underlined here as I was the idiot who didn't understand it before. :o

Bluedell posted a good response of what the CL meant to us in guaranteed fees (with a little reasonable projected fees for points earned). Would be good if he could recap here. :thup:

It's a healthy pot, that's for sure. Even if we don't reach the last 16, we're set to get over �£10m when you include the TV money. Getting to the last 16 would bring us in somewhere around the �£15m mark.

I posted a question re-the tv money and this was the reply , very clever people over on Bert,s site .

Are you talking about the Europa League or the Champions League? The €7.1M figure relates to the Champions League & is only for "participation".

How much Scottish clubs will get from the market pool depends entirely on the value of their own TV market compared to all the others. Since new contracts were negotiated everywhere with some going up & perhaps others going down it's therefore impossible to say for sure.

But Celtic & Rangers combined got €6.453M in 2007-08. If they keep the same percentage of the whole (2.36%) this would increase to €8.04M

The Europa League figures for participation are much smaller - as would be the market pool. Since this is the first time the market pool has been shared by all 48 clubs I wouldn't like to guess how the €60M allocated for this might be shared out.

Here's my post, S_A.

So the bottom line is that we will get 7.1m euros (�£6m) plus TV revenue plus cash for every point plus ticket sales?

CL cash �£6m

TV cash if Celtic don't qualify �£5m+ (last year was apparently �£5m)

Ticket sales �£4m

Win draw bonus ~�£1.5m

Could be worth �£17m.

Here's my post, S_A.

So the bottom line is that we will get 7.1m euros (�£6m) plus TV revenue plus cash for every point plus ticket sales?

CL cash �£6m

Ticket sales �£4m

Win draw bonus ~�£1.5m

Could be worth �£17m.

Cheers, thought it was easier to understand in how it applied to us. You stripped out all the detail and just had the info relevant to Rangers. :thup:

Here's my post, S_A.

CL cash �£6m

Ticket sales �£4m

Win draw bonus ~�£1.5m

Could be worth �£17m.

Bluedell will our ticket revenue not be higher , with 3 matches at roughly �£30 each plus what we must take in via corporate I would have thought that �£4million was a wee bit conservative.

Also do you think that after the fiasco of the players bonuses for the uefa cup run , what are the odds that Bain has managed to sort this out , I'm all for the players profiting from success but not at the clubs expense ...

Here's my post, S_A.

CL cash �£6m

Ticket sales �£4m

Win draw bonus ~�£1.5m

Could be worth �£17m.

Holy sh*t, that's a lot more than I thought. That means if the unwashed get papped out in their qualifiers & we were to make the last 16, we could be onto what? About �£25m?