champions league & europa league prize money 2009/10

If everything is in euros, does that mean it will be beneficial for us? or will we have accounts in euros? i guess it means getting screwed over in terms of buying players... just remembered it along with the fact that if cuellar had a 10m euros release fee, would be more than 8 mil now right?

Bluedell will our ticket revenue not be higher , with 3 matches at roughly �£30 each plus what we must take in via corporate I would have thought that �£4million was a wee bit conservative.

Also do you think that after the fiasco of the players bonuses for the uefa cup run , what are the odds that Bain has managed to sort this out , I'm all for the players profiting from success but not at the clubs expense ...

44,000 at �£30 each for 3 games works out at around �£4m. yes, we may sell more tickets and yes we may sell corporate but there will be costs involved as well, and we don't always sell out CL games, so �£4m isn't a million miles away.

If everything is in euros, does that mean it will be beneficial for us? or will we have accounts in euros? i guess it means getting screwed over in terms of buying players... just remembered it along with the fact that if cuellar had a 10m euros release fee, would be more than 8 mil now right?

I'm sure we have accounts in euros. Fairly standard these days. The euro has strengthened against the pound over the past year so getting euros is good, although the pound has come back a bit over the past month or so, and shows signs it strengthen a little further.

Holy sh*t, that's a lot more than I thought. That means if the unwashed get papped out in their qualifiers & we were to make the last 16, we could be onto what? About �£25m?

We would get EUR 3m (say �£2.5m) plus �£1.5m in gate money, so around �£4m.

We would get EUR 3m (say �£2.5m) plus �£1.5m in gate money, so around �£4m.

So about or around �£21m total for making the 1st knockout stage, that's not too far off what I thought then (I put a pound sign in front of the 25 forgetting we were talking in Euros). Will we not get any xtra TV money if we make the last 16 then?

Don't think so, Shroomz. I think that's all the TV cash.

The other problem is that you could find that most of the �£4m is given away to the players as it was during our UEFA Cup run. Hopefully they have learned their leson as RBR suggested earlier, but they seem destined to repeat their mistakes.

Well, I personally don't mind if there's good bonuses on offer for the players, but only if the bonus scheme is done properly. Maybe if bonuses were only on offer for a win it would make sense, but as I said at the time regarding the UEFA cup bonuses, in some players cases the bonus on offer isn't enough motivation for them, because they already get paid so much money. If you get paid over half a million quid a year, you're not likely to be highly motivated by a hundred grand. Ok, so it's a few months salary, but a few months salary doesn't mean as much to someone that makes over 10 grand a week as it does to someone that only makes a few hundred a weak.

Bluedell .I may be wrong on this but I was always under the impression we were just under the 50,000 average for c/l games . The figures I was always quoted by those inside ibroox was they banked on �£6 million when corporate was taken into account . I realise there are costs however all the figures that we generally quote are all top line anyway .

Also the figures quoted for getting out the group stages are not inclusive of tv revenue , that is only figured out , when the location of the teams are known and the percentages can then be worked out per country

Well, I personally don't mind if there's good bonuses on offer for the players, but only if the bonus scheme is done properly. Maybe if bonuses were only on offer for a win it would make sense, but as I said at the time regarding the UEFA cup bonuses, in some players cases the bonus on offer isn't enough motivation for them, because they already get paid so much money. If you get paid over half a million quid a year, you're not likely to be highly motivated by a hundred grand. Ok, so it's a few months salary, but a few months salary doesn't mean as much to someone that makes over 10 grand a week as it does to someone that only makes a few hundred a weak.

But the whole problem is we are not set up for success , our whole bonus system was made up on the hoof and with the assumption that we were always going to get knocked out in the next round.

we has a situation where we made more money than any other season yet made a loss partly due to excessive bonuses , that is completely unacceptable in any business

But the whole problem is we are not set up for success , our whole bonus system was made up on the hoof and with the assumption that we were always going to get knocked out in the next round.

we has a situation where we made more money than any other season yet made a loss partly due to excessive bonuses , that is completely unacceptable in any business

I agree that it's unacceptable. The dilemma the club should be contemplating is what to actually do about it. At the end of the day there's no excuse for footballers being greedy & expecting bonuses for European football, so maybe that's a possible starting point. The club could tell them they're getting sweet FA unless we reach the last 16 & if we DO reach the last 16 they'll get a share of a hefty bonus pot. Would that be too harsh or not harsh enough? Maybe getting beyond the last 16 should be considered as well.