Johnny Hubbard & Billy Simpson Tribute Events

From Contacts:

Johnny Hubbard & Billy Simpson Tribute Events

I am delighted to tell you that over the next few months there will be a number of tribute events organised for Rangers Legends Johnny Hubbard & Billy Simpson.

When Johnny & Billy played for Rangers for 9 years in the 50s they were best friends and they are still best friends today as they go to all the Rangers games at Ibrox together along with their families. They can always be found in the Wee Rangers Club for a couple of hours signing autographs and chatting to all the bears. At 78 & 79 years old they are both a credit to our club and when we won the title this season the old boys went straight to Ibrox to wait on the team returning with the trophy.

I am involved in organising 3 separate events for them and I am hoping there will be another couple as the interest of folks to get involved has been marvellous. If you are interested in attending any of the following events then please contact me.

Saturday 18th July - Stonefield Tavern (Teddies) Blantyre

John Bomber Brown & Mark Hateley will be saying a few words on the night and there will be a Q&A with Johnny & Billy. There will also be a raffle and auction.

The Stonefield Tavern (Teddies) has worked hard to become a great Rangers pub so please take this opportunity to come along and visit the pub whilst having a great night out with Rangers Legends.

Tickets are priced at Ã?£5 and can be bought directly from the pub itself or PM me and Iââ?¬â?¢ll get them sorted for you. Alternatively you can purchase tickets by post at the following address - - Stonefield Tavern, 225 Glasgow Road, Blantyre, G72 0YS. Cheques to be made payable to ââ?¬Å?Stonefield Tavern.ââ?¬Â

Friday 2nd October ââ?¬â?? Sportsmanââ?¬â?¢s Dinner in the Wee Rangers Club

This will be the main event and we are preparing a real quality night for everyone. The night will consist of a three course meal, top quality speakers (Jimmy Nicholl is the first to be confirmed), tales of their careers from Johnny & Billy and an auction including some real special items.

Tickets are priced at �£35 and will be sold purely on a first come first served basis as demand has already been huge.

Mearns Castle Golf Day

This event is still at the planning but will definitely go ahead as again demand has been brilliant. It will take a similar format to others with teams of four playing for what may become an annual trophy. More details will be posted in the coming weeks.

If you would like to attend any of these events and I hope you can all make it along to the first one on the 18th July then contact me through PM.

Finally I would like to say that it is an absolute pleasure to be running with these events to raise some funds for two wonderful Rangers gentlemen.

:cool: