Emirates Tournament thread

Yip, seems we've brought in around �£2million over the last few days...

Tonel in please.

Ferguson �£1mil

Adam �£500k

Gow �£200k

Emirates approx �£600k

Man City Friendly???

Should Celtic flop against Dinamo (or in the following round) that will net us a further �£2-3mil.

Would like to think that might provide us with the funds for another central defender.

We do have to find a 3M shortfall from TV and as we were making a loss we need to cut some costs just to break even and then need some cash to pay a few million back.

The finances are becoming pretty complex, no thanks to the bungling of the board who seem to love a boom and bust approach. We need a lot better planning in future.

Ferguson was 1.25, no ?

When you look at it you have :

Ferguson - 1.25M

Adam - 500k

Gow - 200k

Emirates - 625k (on current exchange rate)

Man City friendly - say 250k (conservative)

That is 2.825M coming in.

You also have saved wages of (all guesses from me):

Ferguson - 27k per week - 1.4M

Hemdani - 20k per week - 1M

Adam - 4k per week - 200k

Gow - 3k per week - 150k

Smith - 1k per week - 50k

Webster - 3k per week - 150k

That amounts to 2.95M in saved wages (as I say, I am guessing and, in Webster's instance guessing at how much Utd will be contributing).

However, other players and staff will possibly/probably be getting pay raises too so the savings will be mitigated to an extent.

Much as though I would love to see us sign a CB I can actually understand if we don't sign anyone. The financial status of the club, the fall in TV revenues etc should mean that we look to reduce the debt as far as possible.

If the above amounts to a cash inflow/cost saving of, say, 4 million I would love a new CB at Ibrox - but that 4 mill would be a decent enough dent in the debt.

IF Celtic don't make the CL then we are looking at potentially another 3 mill. Again, would love to see us use that for a new player but reducing the debt is just as important right now.

As it stands we are playing Russian Roulette - buy a CB and financially restrict ourselves or stave off the creditors and possibly ruin our title chances.

If we were run on a more fiscally prudent basis over the years instead of boom and bust we may not be looking at these scenarios every 5 years. What makes it even more incredulous is that the Chairman said 5 years or so ago that he wouldnt take us into the financial abyss again...... didnt take him long to do so !