I was also wondering this. St Mirren are also in the 1st round. I thought SPL teams didn't come in till the 2nd round? They must have changed it for this year. Perhaps some rejigging was required because of the number of teams in Europe this year (6).

Maybe so, but is it really fair ?

Was curious more than anything but seems unjust to me. That said, they get their competitive season started and some match fitness gained in a less important tournament.

Maybe so, but is it really fair ?

Was curious more than anything but seems unjust to me. That said, they get their competitive season started and some match fitness gained in a less important tournament.

Based on league position at the end of the previous season I think and of course you need a certain amount of team in each round to make the knock out format work. Seems as fair a way of doing it as any other.

Based on league position at the end of the previous season I think and of course you need a certain amount of team in each round to make the knock out format work. Seems as fair a way of doing it as any other.

You can also manipulate the format so that SPL teams come in at the same time as each other. It works both ways.

Obviously that hasnt been done.

IMO, whilst they have done it "the fairest way possible" with the format they used it doesnt mean it is the appropriate way.

You can also manipulate the format so that SPL teams come in at the same time as each other. It works both ways.

Obviously that hasnt been done.

IMO, whilst they have done it "the fairest way possible" with the format they used it doesnt mean it is the appropriate way.

The teams at the bottom of the SPL could probably do with the extra game for the gate money as chances are they'll ve out sooner. :P

The teams at the bottom of the SPL could probably do with the extra game for the gate money as chances are they'll ve out sooner. :P

Fair point, but that also assumes they get a HOME game, which isnt a given :flipa:

I worked at the Albion Rovers Livi game yesterday. No one expected theattendance to be what it is. Nearly 800 supporters crammed in to Cliftonville to see Livi's last game as a professional club.

Cunts got stuffed 3-0 as well!