Where are those anal accountants?

The good thing is that the money they spent thus far doesnt look like it has particularly strengthened them. So as long as they keep spending and not strengthening we should be doing OK.

Even given their purchases one would say only Fox seems to have improved their team.

Like TB I am completely convinced that we are a better team than they are throughout. They have very few players, if any, that I would prefer to any of ours.

Us winning the league is likely to see them spend again as Timmy won't allow the powers that be to finish 2nd yet again and not spend on the team. It becomes cyclical from there - no SPL=no CL=less money=disgruntled fans=likelsy spending=poorer finances.

A league title for us could very much see a drastic closing of the gap between the 2 clubs financially.

Seems to make logical sense.

Here's hoping we live up to our part of the bargain then.

It's funny you mentioning that you wouldn't take (m)any of their players over ours. I was going to start a topic saying that I and no doubt most of us would not take their players over ours but I bet they would say the same, co who is correct?

Obviously footballing success and the finances have a cyclical relationship. One improves the other, or not as the case may be. We need to keep winning to sort out our finances and hopefully damage them on and off the field at the same time.

Seems to make logical sense.

Here's hoping we live up to our part of the bargain then.

It's funny you mentioning that you wouldn't take (m)any of their players over ours. I was going to start a topic saying that I and no doubt most of us would not take their players over ours but I bet they would say the same, co who is correct?

Obviously footballing success and the finances have a cyclical relationship. One improves the other, or not as the case may be. We need to keep winning to sort out our finances and hopefully damage them on and off the field at the same time.

I happened to drop in on one of their sites today for research purposes and the very strong concensus was that they believe they have a better squad than Rangers, even after the transfer window shut. They are confident they will win the league.

I happened to drop in on one of their sites today for research purposes and the very strong concensus was that they believe they have a better squad than Rangers, even after the transfer window shut. They are confident they will win the league.

And our fans will no doubt be saying the same. Much of it is because we refuse to believe they are better and also that we dont pay that much attention to them.

I am not convinced their squad is better - think it was the opening game of the season that I looked at their bench and hardly recognised ANY of them.

They are almost as thin on the ground for CB's as we are. I am completely conviced we have more striking options and we have a plethora of quality midfielders. Do they ? not in my opinion.

Worth looking at the two squads and comparing - I might have a go at compare and contrast on that one.

Would be good to see a somewhat objective analysis there. :thup:

Dont count on it from me, I am biased :thup: Seriously though, I will try to be as objective as I can. I will try to create a report on this. Is a good time for it as it is topical with the transfer window closing.

Will get it done in the next couple of days.

Dont count on it from me, I am biased :thup: Seriously though, I will try to be as objective as I can. I will try to create a report on this. Is a good time for it as it is topical with the transfer window closing.

Will get it done in the next couple of days.

Craig,

I've always wondered how celtc's wage structure compared with Rangers. I've always assumed these were essentially private matters between employer and employee but can player wages and bonuses, etc be found anywhere?

Craig,

I've always wondered how celtc's wage structure compared with Rangers. I've always assumed these were essentially private matters between employer and employee but can player wages and bonuses, etc be found anywhere?

In their accounts you can find total wages and bonuses paid but not what individuals are paid. I'm not sure that would be possible. Unless i'm missing your point. Finances are not my strong point.

Craig,

Unfortunately I highly doubt it MF. Even public companies are only obliged to highlight the executive compensation packages and I believe even those do not need to be name specific (certainly not this side of the Atlantic - and I believe that the UK is the same - BD can confirm Re accounts filng obligation in the UK).

I only wish I COULD find that out MF as that would make for some very good reading too - and would allow for a much better squad vs squad analysis from the perspective of playing ability AND value for money.

The only way to find out the wage structure of either club would be to know someone on the inside..... or be the one undertaking the payroll for one side and know who is doing the payroll for the other..... or be the external auditor for both.

In their accounts you can find total wages and bonuses paid but not what individuals are paid. I'm not sure that would be possible. Unless i'm missing your point. Finances are not my strong point.

You arent missing the point. That is exactly what MF is getting at I think. And you are right, there is no need to highlight the individual compensation packages.

And you are right, there is no need to highlight the individual compensation packages.

That's exactly the information that the fans want though. As it stands, the fans are unclear on such things, which is just wrong. The fans deserve to know the details. It's called transparency.