youngsters this season

Well, so far we have Little and Fleck who the manager seems happy to play...

Wylde and Wilson and perhaps a little behind them in their development but the latter especially may feature depending on our central defenders' fitness.

Ness and Loy are less likely to get a game but have good reputations as does Shinnie.

I doubt Jordan McMillan has a future at the club considering he can't get in the team ahead of Little at right back.

For all the rightful concern about our use of youngsters, the decision to play Little at RB in the OF was highly encouraging. Whatever the circumstances. If Walter will throw a youth into the cauldron of an OF game then he is surely more inclined to do so in "less important" fixtures.

I think with this is yet another make or break season for Walter who has the pressure of so much criticism. I therefore think that youngsters will mostly be only used when there is little alternative as he will see results as the most important thing - although you can see that he has adapted the formation and style of football to try to please the fans.

You only have to look at the criticism after the Kilmarnock game when the manager pretty much did what some fans are crying out for - 442, Davis through the middle and a teenager (Fleck) on from the start. He then had to endure a new criticism of being unable to motivate the team - despite showing that very trait when he took us to the UEFA cup final.

It seems he can't win and has shown that even the fans that complain about the style, the formation, the positioning of players and the introduction of youngsters, really cannot be pleased and still mostly value the result - but are the kind to complain loudly even when we win.

In the end our squad is so small that playing youngsters will be unavoidable, especially when we get our traditional, annual injury crisis between January and March along with the absence of Bougherra.

In the usual way, Walter will not get the credit for it as he will have been "forced" to play them.

It seems Walter's best bet is to ignore the criticism and just play the team that he thinks has the best chance of winning.

It seems Walter's best bet is to ignore the criticism and just play the team that he thinks has the best chance of winning.

That will do me. He's right more often than not. :spl:

I hope Algeria don't do well at the African Nations. :devil: