Jefferies flattered by link

I posted on another forum right after Burley got his P45 that my money would be going on Jeffries getting the Scotland job.

I don't agree with it, but the SFA will be able to peddle the "years and years of experience" line to us with him.

That coupled with the behind the scenes meddling going on at Rugby Park makes him the clear favourite in my eyes.

:(

To be honest, the names suggested so far are so appalling that I'd give a foreign manager another try. If it doesn't work, fair enough. Move on. There's countries worse off than Scotland who have managed to attract big managers. Scottish football needs a revolution. The current squad are crap but maybe with the right tactics and knowledge of the world game a foreign manager could get the best out of the young players coming through. The thing holding back getting a decent manager of course is the money that would be offered. This is one area the SFA shouldn't hold out on. Just don't give too long a contract. Money might be tight but having the right man in charge will be priceless.

The best two realistic candidates at the moment are probably Smith and Levein. Smith will probably get Scotland back to some sort of respectability and make them strong defensively but he'd only be a stopgap and to be honest I've seen a bit too much of his brand of football in recent years. Levein might not even want the job and even if he does, is he really going to be that much better than Burley? doing fairly well in the SPL with average teams shouldn't have you in the running for the Scotland job. We need someone with knowledge of the European and world game.

Edited by Totti