News & Reports on Rangers Youth Teams

Did it look like they missed those 7 guys sent out on loan deals or was it something deeper e.g. coaching?

Three of the seven were playing and it wasn't exactly an inexperienced side with Robinson, Faure, Hutton and Aird all taking part.

Perhaps it's all down to disillusionment?

Three of the seven were playing and it wasn't exactly an inexperienced side with Robinson, Faure, Hutton and Aird all taking part.

Perhaps it's all down to disillusionment?

How do you mean, that the guys themselves don't see much of a future at Rangers?

There is just so much more to it than that. Never mind the fact 7, yes 7, of our best kids have been punted out in the last few hours who would have played in that match. Then there is our inexperienced pal of Allys who they call a manager.........

Also, look at the team from last night

Robinson, Faure, Gibson, Gasparotto, Halkett, Hutton, Aird, Murdoch, McAusland, Walsh, Ramsay.

Half of that team deemed not good enough for the first team in the lower leagues. I don't see a left back, i don't even see a left footer. I do see 5 centre backs though and hear the keeper threw one in as well.

What do people expect with management like that? 5 centre backs in a developmental team. What is it we are developing here?

Did it look like they missed those 7 guys sent out on loan deals or was it something deeper e.g. coaching?

Well what experience does Durie have for the job? What are his credentials to enable him to work with our next generation?

Then there is the input of 2 dinosaurs in Sinclair and Kirkwood.

How do you mean, that the guys themselves don't see much of a future at Rangers?

It's only a theory, but if they look at the first team and the signings that have been made in the last couple of seasons, it cannot exactly fill them with hope of being given an extended run to see how they get on.

There is just so much more to it than that. Never mind the fact 7, yes 7, of our best kids have been punted out in the last few hours who would have played in that match. Then there is our inexperienced pal of Allys who they call a manager.........

Also, look at the team from last night

Robinson, Faure, Gibson, Gasparotto, Halkett, Hutton, Aird, Murdoch, McAusland, Walsh, Ramsay.

Half of that team deemed not good enough for the first team in the lower leagues. I don't see a left back, i don't even see a left footer. I do see 5 centre backs though and hear the keeper threw one in as well.

What do people expect with management like that? 5 centre backs in a developmental team. What is it we are developing here?

The club ethos. Handed down from Smith to McCoist and implemented further down the chain.

3 of 7 who have gone out on loan, Crawford, McKay and Gallagher are now too old and would be part of the five over age players.

Its a good sign that these players are going out on loan and I only wish there were a few more. Much better for our 18 and 19 year olds playing for other clubs rather than what is now a pretty poor reserve league rather than a youth league. In my opinion these fixtures should be filled by the five over age players on the fringes of the first team and our players at U18 and U17. The likes of Andy Murdoch, Ryan Sinnamon etc would gain little in these fixtures and benefit more playing in league 1 or 2.