Cardiff 1 - 1 Blackpool

The reason Adam's doing better down there is it's a higher standard of football, so he's had to raise his game. He always had talent, but seemed to lack the basics - looks like he's sorted that one out.

If he came back here he'd go into decline again. Still can't forget his thuggery up here though.

Would be like a new signing, getting Charlie back. Unfortunately the abuse he got from many on here makes you wonder about some fans. There was - and is - a problem with him and that is that he currently plays central midfield for B'Pool, whereas with us he would be shunted out wide left - a position for which he does not have the pace. If you put him in CM, then you either move Davis out wide right and couple him with Thomson or Edu - or you put him with Davis in CM, Since one player is to be a sitting midfielder then I'm not sure you'd get the best out of Davis there.

Sometimes, tactics mean that some players just cannot be fitted in to a team - no reflection on their ability or attitude.

Personally, I don't know why Walter didn't keep him as a back up attacking central midfielder knowing that he could also play on the left wing & do a better job on the left wing than players like Lafferty & Fleck who've been played there. For the transfer fee we got & considering the relatively low wages he was on, it just doesn't seem like good business to have let him go for as little, especially given his age. It says it all really when Holloway is putting a �£5m tag on Charlie's head. He's not saying that Adam is worth �£5m, so there's no need to joke about it. He's saying 'we value this player so highly that it would take an extremely high/inflated offer for us to sell him', which is very god business & exactly what we should have done with Adam instead of letting him go for peanuts.

Personally, I don't know why Walter didn't keep him as a back up attacking central midfielder knowing that he could also play on the left wing & do a better job on the left wing than players like Lafferty & Fleck who've been played there. For the transfer fee we got & considering the relatively low wages he was on, it just doesn't seem like good business to have let him go for as little, especially given his age. It says it all really when Holloway is putting a �£5m tag on Charlie's head. He's not saying that Adam is worth �£5m, so there's no need to joke about it. He's saying 'we value this player so highly that it would take an extremely high/inflated offer for us to sell him', which is very god business & exactly what we should have done with Adam instead of letting him go for peanuts.

As an aside, if he receives a 5m offer for Adam, that will be Adam's value.

The value of a commodity is what someone is willing to pay for it. Whether we like it or not, Joleon Lescott is worth 22M quid.

It isn't really true value, it's acquisition value. It's not 'that gold bar is worth 1000 pounds' because if no one pays 1000 pounds for it it's not worth anything.

Do I make any sense to anyone other than myself :)

As an aside, if he receives a 5m offer for Adam, that will be Adam's value.

The value of a commodity is what someone is willing to pay for it. Whether we like it or not, Joleon Lescott is worth 22M quid.

It isn't really true value, it's acquisition value. It's not 'that gold bar is worth 1000 pounds' because if no one pays 1000 pounds for it it's not worth anything.

Do I make any sense to anyone other than myself :)

He'll not get a �£5m offer for Adam, but I see what you're saying! ;)

The difference is Adam is now playing alot better then he did while he was with rangers. So if we wanted �£3mill for Adam we wouldn't have got anywhere near that price since he wasn't playing very well. Plus english clubs won't pay top dollar for average scottish players. While we have to pay top dollar for there average players.

I think the move made him as the player he is now, something that rangers should be looking into whether it was the drink culture he had as you could find him in glasgow clubs on weeknights right through the weekend or the training down south.

The difference is Adam is now playing alot better then he did while he was with rangers. So if we wanted �£3mill for Adam we wouldn't have got anywhere near that price since he wasn't playing very well. Plus english clubs won't pay top dollar for average scottish players. While we have to pay top dollar for there average players.

I think the move made him as the player he is now, something that rangers should be looking into whether it was the drink culture he had as you could find him in glasgow clubs on weeknights right through the weekend or the training down south.

I see what you're saying,however I don't think ''the drink culture'' is purely a Scottish thing more of a British thing IMO, also the fact that he is playing CM has helped him as he was always caught for pace @ LM with Rangers, and the fact that he may have got the kick up the arse that he needed by being transfered from Rangers

4-3-3 with Edu holding, Adam left of centre and Davis right of centre, 2 natural wingers, and a forward with the pace and power of Daniel Cousin would've been a lovely sight to behold

Sadly in Scotland anything other than a rigid 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 is doomed to failure within 3 games

You need to go and lie in a corner somewhere,two wingers,playing attractive attacking football ???:)

Remember the interchanging and movement of Adam and Sionko in PLG's first game in charge at Fir Park? I was orgasmic after that game lol. Sadly considering Adam is not a winger and Sionko was slow and lazy it was never going to last :(

To be fair though,the month of December was exciting with Beasley & Novo playing well on the wings, with Boyd & Miller playing well,maybe we can get back to playing like that