Ian Hosie RIP

I've just read on FF that former ticket office manager Ian Hosie passed away in St. Andrews Hospice on Saturday.

Ian had retired from the police and was ticket office manager working with Jim Hannah. He did a very good job, and worked well with supporters club, including mine, and would sometimes even come to games on our bus.

I believe that he continued to have a season ticket after he left the ticket office.

He was a good guy and will be sorely missed. My thoughts are with his family.

RIP.

CONDOLENCES to family of Ian Hosie

More...

RANGERS were saddened to hear of the death of former Stadium Access Manager Ian Hosie,

Ian, who was 67, was a lifelong supporter and he was delighted when the opportunity came along for him to work at the Club that he loved after he had retired from Strathclyde Police, where he achieved the rank of Detective Chief Superintendent in the CID.

He was given the opportunity as Head of Ticketing to organise the Ticket Office in the early 1990s, a task he relished and enjoyed for several years before parting company with the club.

Ian never lost his allegiance and he could often be seen at home and away games which he continued to go to until his recent illness.

A service was held on Wednesday at the South Lanarkshire Crematorium and was well attended by family friends and past Rangers players and staff as well as colleagues from his time working in Strathclyde Police

The Management Players and Staff at the Club would like to take this opportunity to pass on their sincere condolences to Ian's wife Margaret and sons Craig and Darren as well as the rest of his family and close friends.

Edited by Bluedell