I think we've forgotten that Smith has achieved every domestic cup final since returning as well as a UEFA cup final. He's also contested both full seasons of the SPL to the last day.

Add to that, wining three out of four finals, winning one SPL title and only losing the other in trying and dubious circumstances, as well as being currently 10 points ahead, and it shows how competitive he is.

Love him or loath him, you can't deny he does a job on the results side of things, at least domestically and sporadically gives us a couple of the best European seasons of all time.

I think if PLG had taken us to where we have been in the last 2.5 seasons, he would already be at legend status. It's still a mystery as to how he could fail so badly where such an unpopular and less respected manager can succeed so well.

It's also pretty obvious the Frenchman wouldn't have given the same commitment to Rangers during the recent financial troubles.

If we hang on to win the league, I think it will be time to give Walter his due.

I think we've forgotten that Smith has achieved every domestic cup final since returning as well as a UEFA cup final. He's also contested both full seasons of the SPL to the last day.

Add to that, wining three out of four finals, winning one SPL title and only losing the other in trying and dubious circumstances, as well as being currently 10 points ahead, and it shows how competitive he is.

Love him or loath him, you can't deny he does a job on the results side of things, at least domestically and sporadically gives us a couple of the best European seasons of all time.

I think if PLG had taken us to where we have been in the last 2.5 seasons, he would already be at legend status. It's still a mystery as to how he could fail so badly where such an unpopular and less respected manager can succeed so well.

It's also pretty obvious the Frenchman wouldn't have given the same commitment to Rangers during the recent financial troubles.

If we hang on to win the league, I think it will be time to give Walter his due.

It is an unbelievable record when you view it in black and white. :spl: