Election ethics and who wins in division

As a naive one-forum contributor and observer of stuff I must say I find the whole protest issue incomprehensible. I only have a similar level of incomprehension and skepticism at election time - each party deconstructs the other by ascribing them dubious motives. The pro-protest people are working for the anonymous consortium say one, and the anti-protest people are working for the club, says the other. The effect of this electioneering style ethic is that its hard to listen to what either side actually says because their respective wells have been poisoned with plausible sounding allegations. The overarching question is ultimately who does this divided distrustful state suit? The answer is always that division suits the status quo - the very status quo all parties agree is unacceptable. The only solution is, as it always has been, for all parties - the club, the fans involved, and any potential consortium - to speak openly and honestly and let good sense prevail. Too much to hope for?

Excellent initial post mate - fancy expanding upon it for a nice, neutral article on the subject?

:)

Hehe, we could just copy and paste andys old one - cest toujours la meme chose! :D eta: will do when i get a sec m8.

Edited by bmck

My eyes have been opened tonight. I don't know whats worse, FF's lunatic fringe which wants the manager out even now or RM's head in the sand 'we're 10 points clear, quit complaining' brigade.

Thank god for this place (maineflyer apart :fish:)

Well now I'm confused, because MF's views would be more in line with that FF lunatic fringe, yet I thought he was an RM acolyte? :fish::whistle::box: