Full interview: Barry Ferguson

Barry Ferguson has spoken to STV Sports Centre about the ââ?¬Ë?Boozegateââ?¬â?¢ scandal and the lasting effect it has had on him. In the full interview he speaks of his regret over the ââ?¬Ë?Vââ?¬â?¢ sign incident, his admiration for Craig Levein and how he still has to consider his future for Scotland.

Ferguson spoke at length about his career at length, from his early days when he feared he may be too small to make it as a professional footballer to the current success he is enjoying at Birmingham City. The former Scotland captain also set the record straight on the scandal that saw him excluded form the national team and insisted he did not direct any gestures at the Tartan Army.

ââ?¬Å?People were having a go, saying 'that's to the Scotland fans and the Tartan Army',ââ?¬Â he said.

ââ?¬Å?Well, if that was to the Scotland fans, I'm doing that to a lot of my pals because they were in the stand. It was nonsense and it was nothing to do with the fans.

ââ?¬Å?It was 24/7 cameras and press. It wasn't fair on the other guys, who were trying to build up to a big game on the Wednesday. I want to slap myself every time I see it.ââ?¬Â

"I was stupid, I was first to admit that," Ferguson added.

"The biggest thing I admit was the thing I did on the Wednesday night. I look back now and I cringe. That's the one thing I would turn back.

"Every time there's something about Scotland, that's flashing up. I want to smash the TV every time I see it. But what can I do? It's happened and I can't change it. But what I can say is that I was totally wrong. I admit that."

Ferguson also spoke about Rangers, the club that remains closest to his heart. The midfielder has been watching his former team-mate Kris Boyd banging in the goals at Ibrox but admitted he would love to team up with the striker at Birmingham.

The former Rangers skipper insisted that Birmingham were his top priority but said he still checked for Rangers results every weekend. He admitted the club will always be important to him.

ââ?¬Å?It was time for me to go,ââ?¬Â he admitted. ââ?¬Å?Time for me to make a clean break but listen, I was at the club from eight years old. You always want them to do well.ââ?¬Â

Plus video interview:

http://sport.stv.tv/sports-centre/161771-full-interview-barry-ferguson-on-his-scotland-regrets-rangers-finances-and-how-he-almost-quit-football/