Novo to Coventry

Let's hope so. Can't believe Fanfan, Bernard, Andrews and Malcolm are still around. I'm really disappointed in Boab, he went on about wanting first team football and then turns down a few offers.

Andrews wants to stay close to his church but no-one in Scotland will match his wages and it doesn't sound very Christian to stick around and do nothing because you want more money.

I think all four have very little chance of featuring in the first team this season unless we have a huge injury crisis.

It shows why we should be very careful about what we pay players as no-one else will match it if they fail to impress.

I think that's one consistent thing we're doing at the moment. We are being far more prudent about how much we pay for a player and how much their wages are. We're also not bringing in players till others are off the books.

The means we'll eventually be maximising our reasonably considerable budget, enabling us to punch above our cruiser-weight level. Celtic have similar money to us, so spending 40 grand a week on one player means they have to spend bugger all on 3 others. We'll probably have three players wages to make up 40 grand.

Our finances will be healthier and if ever there's a TV money meltdown, we'll be there to lead the rest out of the shambles.