Papac at Murray park

That's it official now.

BOSNIAN defender Sasa Papac was on clould nine tonight after jettining in to Scotland to complete a three-year deal from FK Ausria Vienna.

The 26-year-old was involved in a remarkable whirlwind of events as he first flew from Bosnia to Malta to prepare for his national team's Euro 2008 qualifier

Papac was then given Sasa Papacpermission to leave the Bosnian national team HQ in Malta to try to clinch his move to Rangers and was flown to Glasgow by private jet.

The plane then waited on the tarmac as Papac was whisked to Murray Park by chief executive Martin Bain for a medical, the conclusion of a work permit application and personal terms.

And finally Papac became a Rangers player with just minutes to spare before the deadline. The deal is subject to a work permit which Rangers hope to conclude imminently.

Bain said: "We have to thank the Bosnian national team coach Blaz Sliskovic for allowing Sasa to come to Scotland and complete the deal.

"Initially we were going to go to Malta to conduct our business but we are thankful that Sasa was able to come here.

"We agreed a fee with Austria Vienna late last night and then the wheels were put in motion. Sasa is now on his way back to Malta for Bosnia's match on Saturday night."

Paul Le Guen has now made his third raid on the Vienna club having already signed Libor Sionko and Filip Sebo.Sasa Papac

Papac has been with FK Austria Vienna for two years after signing from lesser Austrian side FC Karnten. He won the Austrian Double last season with Sionko and Sebo and also played in the UEFA Cup two seasons ago when Vienna were knocked out by Parma after qualifying from the group stage.

He was spotted after playing for Bosnia's under-21 side against Austria six years ago when he played with Bosnian side Siroki Brijeg, who were beaten by Hearts this season in the Champions League qualification stage.

Although he played for Vienna in the Champions League qualifier against Benfica last week he is eligible to play for Rangers in the UEFA Cup following a rule change last season.

The irony is that Rangers could meet Papac's old club in the group phase of the UEFA Cup if both sides qualify.

Papac will not begin working at Murray Park until next Thursday as Bosnia have a home match on Wednesday night against Hungary.

Guest The_Rock
650.000 euros according to Chick Young that is good business if they wanted a million pounds

Wouldent be too sure if Chik said it lol , should prove to be a good signing at an exelent price .

off topic, but how seriously does chic young take himself? my dad pointed it out to me, and now every time i hear him on the radio it confirms it. i think he thinks he's a serious journalist! :)

Guest The_Rock
off topic, but how seriously does chic young take himself? my dad pointed it out to me, and now every time i hear him on the radio it confirms it. i think he thinks he's a serious journalist! :)

LOL , never believe anyting he says , remember he said we were going to make a signing that would rock scottish football ?

Unless this guy papac realy is the bomb :thup:

LOL , never believe anyting he says , remember he said we were going to make a signing that would rock scottish football ?

Unless this guy papac realy is the bomb :thup:

lol aye, papac becenbaur (sp). :)