Guest Flying Hippo

Tbh the Weir 'saga' is boring the tits off me. It's so obvious that he's staying but we're waiting for the 'right moment' to annouce it (probably the day after Walter resigns or Wilson joins Liverpool)

Guest laudrupno1

I thought he mite have chucked it to head back south to be with his wife & kids as winning player of the year & the double a good way to end it so fair play to him if he's gonna give us another season!

Guest Flying Hippo
With there being a decent chance of Wilson and Bougherra leaving it's probably just as well that Davie Weir wants to stay.

tbh i'm currently leaning more towards hoping he calls it a day

If Weir stays, we'll almost certainly just buy some rubbish backup defender for Weir and Webster

If Davie retired, we'd be forced to buy someone decent who isn't 40 years old, or maybe even tell Bougie he has to stay for another year

I fear he may regret playing for another 12 months. Retiring on the back of a poor season for the team (which i think is inevitable next season given how small our squad is) would be such an anti climax for him

Edited by Flying Hippo

If Davie retired, we'd be forced to buy someone decent who isn't 40 years old, or maybe even tell Bougie he has to stay for another year

I doubt we'll have money to buy a decent replacement for Weir and I also doubt that the club would tell Bougie he has to stay another year if the player wants to leave.

Here's a wee video interview with Weir from yesterday at the grass roots event - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8693269.stm