Looks like our CEO is preparing us for a long summer of transfer speculation. :(

MARTIN BAIN has admitted that Walter Smith will have to rebuild his squad for the start of the 2010/11 season but has asked fans to be patient when it comes to new signings joining the Club.

Like every summer there is inevitable speculation regarding potential targets but Bain has seen it all before and knows that most deals are completed at the tail end of the transfer window.

It's not an ideal for the Rangers' Chief Executive who will be working closely all summer with the Manager to bolster the group of players at Ibrox.

But he remains optimistic and believes that keeping Smith, Ally McCoist and Kenny McDowall at the club was the number one priority after clinching a memorable league and cup double.

Speaking exclusively to rangerstv.tv from the 2010 NARSA Convention in Las Vegas, Bain said: "Someone often said to me in life that you must always cover your down side.

"And when we looked at the situation that Walter and his colleagues were going to leave, as they were, the down side from that would have been enormous had they left at the end of the season.

"So it was extremely important that they stayed for another year as they are Rangers men and none of them had the desire to walk away from the club.

"But now the planning starts for the new season and we have already had discussions as to how we will approach it going forward.

"These discussions are never easy at this time as there is an expectation from people as to what our plans are.

"But it's all work in progress and like all transfer windows things are not finalised until the last few weeks which is not ideal from a planning perspective.

"And with our squad being the way it is at this moment we need to really push that planning process along.

"But hopefully the fans will know that they have a management team in place that understands the football club and all we can do is ask for their patience because patience can be a great virtue in a transfer window.

"I am sure that the boys will rebuild wisely because rebuilding is what we have got to do."

Bain has joined Chairman Alastair Johnston and Walter Smith at this year's NARSA Convention and he is delighted to be be attending one of the highlights on the Rangers calender.

He added: "I think it's the fact that the fans come from over the world that makes the NARSA Conventions so special.

"When we were picked up at the airport I think there had been a procession of fans coming in from Singapore to Hong Kong, Honolulu and even Russia.

"So in terms of our overseas supporters it's the pinnacle and the highlight of their season and the fact they can come out to Vegas to celebrate what was achieved last season is fantastic."

Why though? Get in there early we need stability we can't go into pre-season with 15 experienced players and new players need to gel.

It's annoying and a bit worrying, but I'm guessing MB's made that comment because Walter's going to be prudent about spending his transfer budget until we sell one or two. In other words, Walter might not want to rush out and buy in the bargain basement in case we end up getting serious money for Wilson or Bougherra whereby he'd probably have a significantly bigger budget (like double or more) and be able to look at better quality players.

It's annoying and a bit worrying, but I'm guessing MB's made that comment because Walter's going to be prudent about spending his transfer budget until we sell one or two. In other words, Walter might not want to rush out and buy in the bargain basement in case we end up getting serious money for Wilson or Bougherra whereby he'd probably have a significantly bigger budget (like double or more) and be able to look at better quality players.

Yeah, but you have to plan, you can't expect to receive bids on players under contract. I feel if we go into another deadline day dealing it isn't the best plan.

I hoping we do get a bigger budget cause the players that we have been linked with whether true or not are simply awful. Might be with the times we are under but going for an ex Aberdeen player just depresses me deeply.

Yeah, but you have to plan, you can't expect to receive bids on players under contract. I feel if we go into another deadline day dealing it isn't the best plan.

I hoping we do get a bigger budget cause the players that we have been linked with whether true or not are simply awful. Might be with the times we are under but going for an ex Aberdeen player just depresses me deeply.

It's a long transfer window mate and there's no point getting depressed about paper talk. I seriously doubt that we'll sign any of the donkeys the press have been saying we're tabling bids for.

I would love us to actually have a plan , seriously , the thought that for once we were able to plan and get our targets actually by reason and design really get's me going , time will tell .