Omonous words from McCoist vis a vis money and transfers

Guest Flying Hippo

Guest warrior1690
"I have been watching all the games, but I am looking at teams like Australia, New Zealand, Honduras and teams like that to see if there is anything knocking about," said McCoist.

I am not saying we don't have anything to spend, but any money we do get, we will have to spend very, very wisely"

I'm still convinced that we won't spend a penny. The idea of us signing any of the dross who took to the field for New Zealand and Honduras, or one of Australia's OAP's, is about as appealling as re-signing Jerome Rothen

there is a nightmare scenario,he could have been watching england, now there is dross.

I've actually been quite impressed by the AZ player Brett Holman playing for the Aussies. He worked really hard and chipped in with a couple of goals as well, one of which was a stunner. He's not an out'n'out goal scorer that would replace Boydy, but is only 26, has pace to burn and can play on the left wing, up front and a variety of attacking positions. Might be a cheap, but decent option to fill the hole left by Novo if we were looking to fill it, although his performances in this WC might well have added to his value, not sure.

Another Aussie player that could possibly be worth taking a punt on is Rukavytsya, who's a 23 year old, Ukrainian-born left winger/striker. He's played for Twente and is currently a free agent who wouldn't command high wages.

Good man,I hope takes your advice :)

Me too! I advised him to get his finger oot and sign the German lad Ozil, the Japanese lad Honda & the Slovakian striker Vittek. He told me we wouldn't have enough money to buy them all because of our tight budget, but I told him to fcuk the budget out the window and get some more quality in. He hung up though...

Another Aussie player that could possibly be worth taking a punt on is Rukavytsya, who's a 23 year old, Ukrainian-born left winger/striker. He's played for Twente and is currently a free agent who wouldn't command high wages.

He sat on the bench and in the stand for Twente. He hardly played at all.