Our front line

With Beattie signed and Jelcavic all but signed, who will be our front pairing? Moreover, what formation will Walter use in the CL?

Is this a sign that Miller is going? I'd rather we kept him - he was one of our most influetial players last year and has had a great pre-season, moreover, he got off to a scoring start on Saturday.

With Weiss signing has Lafferty become a meagre squad player who'll be sold to the first bidder? I wouldn't miss him if he goes.

Fleck, has great potential and his attitude has improved somewhat, but where does this leave him in the pecking order? I'd really like him to get more opportunities to see if he can fulfil his talent.

Naismith, another forward that has became a winger stroke centre midfielder, yet he scored regularly at Killie. Not sure if he'll ever be good enough to play in midfield regularly.

Some tough but healthy choices ahead for Walter!

I think like with any team it will rotate, and when you have enough players, you have the ability to do that - injuries and suspensions will dictate that we may not always have all 4 of our main front men (Miller, Beattie, Lafferty and Jelavic) all the time.

With Beattie signed and Jelcavic all but signed, who will be our front pairing? Moreover, what formation will Walter use in the CL?

Is this a sign that Miller is going? I'd rather we kept him - he was one of our most influetial players last year and has had a great pre-season, moreover, he got off to a scoring start on Saturday.

Be amazed, and gutted, if Miller left.

With Weiss signing has Lafferty become a meagre squad player who'll be sold to the first bidder? I wouldn't miss him if he goes.

Lafferty is a talented striker who's done well at a higher level than the SPL (International for his country) and I would imagine he'll be deployed as and when needed.

Fleck, has great potential and his attitude has improved somewhat, but where does this leave him in the pecking order? I'd really like him to get more opportunities to see if he can fulfil his talent.

He's never impressed me but I'd keep him for squad depth.

Naismith, another forward that has became a winger stroke centre midfielder, yet he scored regularly at Killie. Not sure if he'll ever be good enough to play in midfield regularly.

Some tough but healthy choices ahead for Walter!

Naismith has shown some versatility - striker, winger and CM - he's another one who will feature according to the conditions.

Guest Flying Hippo
What about Europe chaps? 4-4-2 or 4-5-1?

It has to be 4-5-1

We tried playing 4-4-2 in the second half against the minnows of Unirea and our midfield was completely overrun

Still, 4-5-1 doesn't have to be totally negative. Could line up something like:

McGregor

Whittaker Bougherra Weir Papac

Edu Davis McCulloch

Weiss Jelavic Miller

What about Europe chaps? 4-4-2 or 4-5-1?

Europe will never be anything other than 4-5-1 under Walter imo.

I'd hazard a guess at Jelavic up top with Edu Davis and McCulloch in the middle and Weiss on the left and Naismith on the right.

On the counter that would easily switch to a 4-3-3

Lafferty is a talented striker who's done well at a higher level than the SPL (International for his country) and I would imagine he'll be deployed as and when needed.

His goals for NI were against minnows whose defence would perceived as poorer than SPL's defences.

You see talent in Lafferty but not Fleck?

Miller Miller Miller

Out Out Out

Only kidding, but I dont see why signing this Jelavic guy means we will offload another striker, given that we have lost Boyd and Novo in the summer and only signed Beattie.

Unless of course we give a contract to Welcome, and Jelavic signs (its not done yet) then we have more than last year and is a sure sign that one will be going (please Kenny).

I suppose it all depends on wether Walter believes that Lafferty and Naismith can be classed as strikers. I dont know the last time I seen Naismith play centre forward, but I have seen him in midfield, and in wide positions, frequently last season, and while Lafferty has had rare chances to play CF, again he is mostly played elsewhere.

If WS reckons they are not really strikers, he then only has Miller and Beattie then the young uns so will want another 2 in if he is to continue to play 4-4-2 in the SPL this season.

It has to be 4-5-1

We tried playing 4-4-2 in the second half against the minnows of Unirea and our midfield was completely overrun

Still, 4-5-1 doesn't have to be totally negative. Could line up something like:

McGregor

Whittaker Bougherra Weir Papac

Edu Davis McCulloch

Weiss Jelavic Miller

Europe will never be anything other than 4-5-1 under Walter imo.

I'd hazard a guess at Jelavic up top with Edu Davis and McCulloch in the middle and Weiss on the left and Naismith on the right.

On the counter that would easily switch to a 4-3-3

I agree with 4-5-1 turning to a 4-3-3 when attacking in Europe. Not sure of the exact personal though. Can see Naismith getting a chance again.