Take a bow son, take a bow. :notworthy:

I've always liked Scholes as a footballer and a person. He keeps himself to himself off the field but when he's on the field he's simply outstanding. He was a stunning footballer earlier i his career and after a couple of seasons where he couldn't find the same form as years gone by he's found it again and ripping opposing midfields to shreds. He's better now than he was say 10 years ago.

His performance on Monday night against Newcastle was ten out of 10 material. His distribution of the ball is outstanding and he never seems to get caught in possession. His goal today against Fulham was a typical Paul Scholes goal, a thunderbolt from about 25 yards.

I'd rate him in the top 5 best ever EPL players, and possibly the best EPL midfielder ever.

He's so much better than Gerrard and Lampard.

Edited by Gazza_8

Even when I used to deteste Man Utd (not so much these days) I always like Giggs and Scholes and thought they were world class on and off the park. Scholes is flying at the moment. Easily the best English midfielder to play in the Premier league. Only Vieira and Keane are on par with him.

But scholes has done it at every level - something Lampard hasnt done. Id say Gerrard has to an extent as he has won the CL plus has had some wonder games for England.