Weiss: I can take the kicks

From the fishul site.

VLADIMIR WEISS was in the wars again as Rangers romped to a 4-0 win over Dundee United but he insists he won't be fazed by the physical nature of the Scottish game.

The young Slovakian was voted man of the match at Ibrox for the second time this season but took a few heavy challenges.

Both Jon Daly and Scott Robertson were booked by Dougie McDonald for fouls on the Manchester City loan star.

But it's water off a duck's back for the 20-year-old who is fast becoming a big favourite with the Rangers fans.

"It's a tough league and being the type of player I am is always going to get kicked so I'm not trying to get frustrated by it.

"Maybe I should play the ball a bit earlier but it's all about experience and I'm learning with every minute of every game.

"Two of their players were booked earlier for kicking me so that means they have to be careful after that.

"For me it doesn't' matter who gets the man of the match. We are just looking to win every game and we have a 100 per cent record so far so we are happy with that.

"We scored the first goal quite early and then they had a bit of possession so we knew at half-time that we needed a second goal to calm things down a bit.

"When we did that I think it was game over.

"Kenny Miller is a great finisher and he showed that again. He knows where to be in the box and it's another two goals for him. He's on fire right now."

Weiss was naturally a little disappointed not to taste some action against Manchester United during the week but he knows he has to be patient.

He added: "I don't like to sit on the bench but if the manager decides that way then I have to respect that as I am only 20.

"I can be frustrating but I just have to do my best to impress when I get my chance.

"We don't have that many players in the squad but the gaffer was always going to swap it round from the United game.