bang goes another 3 pts

You obviously never saw much of Ian Murray and Rangers last season then.

To be honest I don't remember every personal performance by him but I was more alluding to the feeling I got from all the posts here that he was generally considered a solid squad player. If he wasn't then my mistake.

He was destroyed twice against Hibs. The game at Easter Road, he was ripped whilst playing left back. The cup game at Ibrox, he was again ripped at left back and was then put at centre-half - Hibs then went on to score a further 2 goals.

Like I said, my mistake, but I seem to remember him as being pretty solid in most games I seen him in (obviously on the telly) which eventually got him a call up for the Scotland team in the Kirin cup - where I agree he didn't do much.

Like most of the team, his best performance came in Europe, he had a great game against Villarreal away. Apart from that he was very oridinary. As for AM not liking him, funny how he bought him, tried him in 3 positions (left back, centre-half and midfield) before dropping him.

Dropping him doesn't suggest he liked him. He bought Mladenovich but I don't think he liked him either, or Emersson, Capucho, Fanfan and Bernard.

BTW he may have liked each player as a person for all I know, but I'm alluding to his liking of how they play.

As for Cammy Fraser, I'd argue that he was better than Murray. He played in a worse team and had a great goal-scroing record from midfiled, including a few in OF games. A record most of our current midfield would die for.

Again I don't remember all his individual performances especially as I was quite young but I do remember not being impressed with signing him and Ian Ferguson from Dundee (Was it Jock's first signings in his second stint) and we didn't do very well for the next couple of years so I wasn't impressed with anyone really.

Then Souness came along and I was impressed with his signings (ok except Colin West).

So Clement shouldn't be playing for Rangers then?

Why not? I said young players "tend" not to be bought for the first team in the OF. However I think PLG is different and is building a very young team, goal keeper apart. Celtic on the other hand seem to be signing seasoned, big name players, and Riordan looked more of an afterthought as he was available for virtually free and we had dropped our interest.

However my point seems to ring true for Furman, Loy, Stanger and Ponroy who don't seem to be straight into the first team.

I would also make exceptions for exceptional young talent and I think PLG sees Clement in this light while I think you're of the opinion that Riordan is not exceptional, perhaps Strachan is too.

He is younger than Riorden and has played less games (career wise) than him.

Perhaps it's quality not quantity that counts. But basically I think PLG rates Clement higher than Strachan does Riordan. He also has the wonder bhoys [sic] McGeady and Malonie for Derek's position.

he is struggling with training and has off-field problems

That may be so, and I don't know much about it, but he still may not have got in the team if he was training well and behaving himself.

Anyway, he was a good player last season despite his young age and I think there is a good chance he'll eventually make the Celtic team. He's not a bad squad player in the mean time.

We didn't? Funny how I can remember him scoring 5 goals in a first team game, shortly after he joined us. He then came on in a CL group game to score a great goal - he was then sold as he wasn't deemed good enough by DA.

I don't see how this proves or disproves he was bought as a first choice. My interpretation of events suggest he wasn't considered a key player.