Neil Lennon / Policing & Stewarding

Once again the wee bigot makes an inflammatory gesture to the Rangers support during an OF game and once again the wee innocent, misunderstood and downtrodden maggot gets away with it. When the gesture was brought to the attention of the Police, they shrugged it off and said that it was up to the SPL to act / punish the wee reptile.

This leads me on to the Policing and Stewarding of OF games at Torbett Towers. As you approach from the East, you are forced along London Road and are met by streets filled with the jolly craicsters who jovially throw objects at buses, drink in the street and sing their loveable terrorist songs with impunity. It isnââ?¬â?¢t until you turn into the ââ?¬Ë?Rangers Parking Sectionââ?¬â?¢ that you encounter a Policeman. And by God, do you encounter them in the bus park ââ?¬â?? they are there in riot gear, on horses and with dogs.

As we walked the short distance to the ground, I had my ticket checked 3 times and had the bag containing our club flag searched twice (and was then searched at the turnstyles). The steward in the first cordon was a charming fellow who had some lovely Indian ink tattoos. On one hand he had ââ?¬Ë?1916ââ?¬â?¢ and on the other ââ?¬Ë?I-R-Aââ?¬â?¢. Now imagine the outcry if Craptic fans were greeted at Ibrox with stewards with U-V-F and King Billy tattoos?

Add this to the overzealous Policing at Easter Road the pervious week, one has to ask the question, do all other travelling supporters face the same hostility, heavy-handedness and provocation whilst visiting places like Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Parkhead, or is this some sort of welcome especially reserved for Rangers fans?

Cammy F

I didn't get any of that walking along London Road towards the pigsty. I got to the corssroads before the stadium and was asked by the police what end I was in so I showed him my ticket and he told me to continue along London Road towards the stadium.

I didn't see a policeman after the game with the exception of 2 traffic cops at the crossroads directing the traffic. The only arsehole I saw outside the ground (there were 50,000 of them inside it) was a Rangers fan who must've thought I was a Tim going by the hand gesture he gave me.