From the BBC.

Scott Brown believes Celtic are in good shape to wrest the Scottish Premier League title from Rangers, without the need for new recruits.

"I think the squad right now is probably the best I've been involved in," said the club captain.

"We are strong all along the back line and we have a lot of players that haven't played much football that are looking to play.

"If we go into January with the same squad, I think we have a good chance."

Manager Neil Lennon was busy in the summer, overhauling the pool of players he inherited from Tony Mowbray.

And Lennon has made it clear he is looking to add yet more new faces in the January transfer window.

But Brown, who joined the club from Hibernian in the summer of 2007, thinks the present personnel can prevent Rangers from making it three championships in a row.

A run of three consecutive home draws in the SPL, the latest with Kilmarnock on Tuesday, has seen Celtic slip two points behind their Glasgow rivals, having played a game more.

And the spate of weather-related cancelations mean Celtic face two more games on home soil before the 2 January derby at Ibrox.

Looking ahead to the games against St Johnstone and Motherwell, Brown said: "Hopefully, we can start a good run and see where we go from there.

"As long as we are playing well and creating chances, eventually everything will gel.

"We were unlucky in the last few games, we created a lot of chances and we could have scored four or five against Kilmarnock."

Celtic have recently lost Gary Hooper and Shaun Maloney to injury and will be without Ki Sung-Yueng during the Asian Cup, which makes the return of Brown from an enforced 10-week rest all the more timely.

The midfielder turned out as a second-half substitute against Kilmarnock, having fully recovered from a broken metatarsal.

Lennon was impressed with Brown's contribution, but the Scotland international was typically modest in his assessment.

"I've just got to take my chance when I get it," he said. "It was a disappointing result, but there's a long way to go in the season."

Rangers were 3-1 winners at Celtic Park earlier in the campaign and Brown, who missed that match, is targeting revenge in the new year.

"The Old Firm games are always important and everyone looks forward to them," he added.

"The games against Rangers take care of themselves. Anything can happen on the day. It's all about who wants it more."

Another timmy propaganda piece.

"Stong along the backline". Really?

Brown "was typically modest in his assessment" of his performance against Killie. Where he had an ineffectual sub appearance in which they massively bottled the chance ot go top.

And that's only because I read the start and end of the article.