Michael Mols video , with translation

Its too true, nobody could turn away from a man like Mols, its one of those things you had to see.

Awesome man and awesome player. I was at the Motherwell game where he bagged all 4 goals - still my best memory of him.

I remember Advocaat saying Amato can leave as Mols was coming and I was wondering who Mols was and hoped Amato stayed as i thought Id never see such a skillful player as Amato but Mols was better.

What a team we had in 1999! Seeing that line up before the PSV is unbelievable and if Mols didnt get injured against Munich I firmly believe we would have went a lot further in the comp that year. He was the final piece of the jigsaw.

I think the final piece of the jigsaw would have been the Flo signing, still can't believe we spent �£12m. Whilst he was a decent player we needed much better for that money and unfortunately we didn't get one of the other targets like Raul Tamudo or Van Nistelrooy. Why did we not sign Tamudo? We agreed a transfer?

Edit - Just checked and he failed a medical. Ironically two days later he scored a hatrick in the UEFA Cup and went on to becoming Espanyol's all time highest scorer. You couldn't make it up!

Anyway Mols was terrific in his first stint. Wasn't the same player after and became a shadow of his former self but still a legend

Edited by Totti

I think the final piece of the jigsaw would have been the Flo signing, still can't believe we spent �£12m. Whilst he was a decent player we needed much better for that money and unfortunately we didn't get one of the other targets like Raul Tamudo or Van Nistelrooy. Why did we not sign Tamudo? We agreed a transfer?

Edit - Just checked and he failed a medical. Ironically two days later he scored a hatrick in the UEFA Cup and went on to becoming Espanyol's all time highest scorer. You couldn't make it up!

Anyway Mols was terrific in his first stint. Wasn't the same player after and became a shadow of his former self but still a legend

Cant remember trying to sign Tamudo. The one I remember who all but signed was Jardel. I remember seeing him in the Main Stand 1 game and we never saw him again.