Bougherra and Diouf escape bans for Old Firm flashpoint

The pair have both been warned over their future conduct but have escaped suspensions.

Madjid Bougherra and El Hadji Diouf have escaped bans from the Scottish Football Association for their actions in Rangers� loss to Celtic in the Scottish Cup.

Diouf has been fined �£5,000 by the governing body, with Bougherra receiving a �£2,500 punishment. It is known Bougherra has been given a warning over their future conduct.

The Rangers pair faced the SFAââ?¬â?¢s disciplinary committee to answer a case of ââ?¬Å?misconduct of a significantly serious natureââ?¬Â on Tuesday, with referee Calum Murray in attendance to give his account of events.

Upon leaving the disciplinary hearing, Bougherra was asked by STV if he would be free to play in the Old Firm derby on April 24, replied: "Yes, yes, yes, the referee understands what I did." An official statement is due from Rangers shortly.

Bougherra was shown two yellow cards during the game, grabbing Murray�s arm as the official showed him a red card.

Diouf meanwhile received his second yellow card after the full-time whistle, after becoming involved in a confrontation with the same official.

The Senegalese striker has since spoken out over the incident, giving his version of events. ââ?¬Å?The ref said to me: 'You don't have the right to speak to me,' which annoyed me,ââ?¬Â Diouf said in March.

ââ?¬Å?At the end I told the ref he was the worst ref I've ever had so he gave me another card.

ââ?¬Å?I said 'you can give me as many cards as you like, the match is over now'. I know it's not good to get cards but I'm only suspended for the cup, not the league.ââ?¬Â

The SFA are yet to announce whether they will charge Diouf for his remarks to Canal Plus on the affair, in which he also described Murray and his colleagues as ââ?¬Å?officials who were against us.ââ?¬Â

Both Bougherra and Diouf received automatic suspensions for their sendings off in the match on March 2, although the bans will not apply until next season�s competition.:thup:

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/243197-bougherra-claims-he-faces-no-further-punishment-for-old-firm-flashpoint/