Revenge in France? Who cares?

With Henry saying he'll see us in France for revenge and people pointing out that we lost 6-0 to Holland after beating them 1-0 at home, my answer is who really cares if France stuff us at home?

We could have had two splendid, hard fought draws with France and still come out with only 2 points. We've got three points already and I'm ready to walk away from the second game against them with that same total. If we get thrashed then it's only going to affect our goal difference, but hopefully not our moral.

We have nothing at all to fear in France.

Now applying the Holland ties to Ukraine is not a good comparison, the only similarity is that we beat a good team at home 1-0 and had an away game 4 days later.

The thrashing was in most part due to the Dutch being stung by the Hampden result and also being desperate to get to the European finals and needing one good win against a less gifted side with a crap manager to do so.

This is still the early stages of the qualifiers and it's fair to predict that Ukraine will not be so gung ho in their attitude. I think they will be far cagier and their confidence won't be so high after their result against Italy.

They may also be more wary of Scotland after our recent results and after all we are more like peers than we were with the Oranje.

I expect a hard fought game where a draw will be a good result and keep the momentum going as well as keeping us at the top of the table.

We need to get the better of Ukraine if we've any chance of qualifying as it's bad enough trying to finish second in a group with the two world cup finalists.

An away draw and a home win would go a long way to making us challengers as well as not dropping any points to Lithuania, Georgia and Faroes.

However, we're bound to slip up once or twice and so it's not the bottom line, but then Italy already have lost points. A load of draws from the top three seeds will go a long way to opening the door for us.

So a win tonight would be fantastic but a draw would still be a great result.

Yeah, Henry had a touch or sour grapes on saturday. But it doesnt matter as its not a 2 legged tie with us and them.

As i mentioned on the other thread a lot of people would have taken 2 draws with these games against France and Ukraine also giving us 2 points but we have 3 already.

A win in Ukraine and Walter deserves a knighthood as 12 pts out of 12 would have been unthinkable. But id easy settle for a draw tonight.