WANTAWAY Rangers star Madjid Bougherra has been warned he's going NOWHERE.

Algerian stopper Bougy revealed last week his plan to quit Ibrox this summer.

But Gers boss Walter Smith last night warned that contracted players will NOT be sold - and Bougy admitted he is NOT a certainty to leave the club at the end of the season.

Smith said: "The whole thing about the summer will be about the club's overall circumstance.

"Everybody says that people will be leaving but I don't see how we have the capability to let anyone leave.

"We have reached the stage where if we sell players and can't re-invest then Rangers won't have a team for next year.

"But I don't know what will happen. That is something for the future."

Bougherra, who still has a year left on his current contract and rejected a new deal, returns from injury for tonight's vital SPL clash with Dundee United at Tannadice.

And Smith admitted: "We're glad at the minute to have Bougherra back.

"He has played well for us over the season and are just pleased to have Madjid fit again."

Bougherra held talks with Gers chief executive Martin Bain over a new deal seven weeks ago.

And although he turned down his offer on the SAME money he's currently on, the stopper insisted last night his future has still to be decided.

Bougy, 28, said: "I am focusing on giving the title to Rangers and then I'll talk about transfers at the end of the season.

"There are some possibilities but I like Rangers and this is a very big club. I have a contract until 2012, end of story, so we have to wait to the end of the season."

Smith, meanwhile, has heaped praise on Steven Whittaker for the job he did in central defence while Bougherra was injured.

He said: "He's not just been useful for us when Bougherra's been out - he's been doing it for us all season. It's not often you have one player playing in six different positions for you over the course of a season.

"We had a fair idea we would need to move quite a few of them around this season, but Steven's been invaluable for us because he's so able to do it.

"Even in a one-off game, there are very few players who could move from right-back to outside-left but he does it.

"He does the whole lot without complaining. So he has been terrific for us this season."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3534377/Dont-bank-on-a-move-Bougy.html#ixzz1Jv0owJKh