LEE McCULLOCH has revealed he pulled Madjid Bougherra aside and demanded to know if he was truly committed to Rangers.

And after looking deep into the stopper's eyes he's convinced the Algerian ace IS totally focused on Gers.

Bougherra stunned his team-mates when he told Algerian newspaper Le Buteur he wanted out of Ibrox in the summer.

Bougy was quoted as saying he wanted to quit the SPL for a money-spinning move to England or abroad.

McCulloch couldn't believe what he was reading with Gers focused on the title run-in.

Jig, back from injury and desperate to play a part in the title run-in, said: "I spoke to Madjid the other day and he said he did not say that.

"We just have wait to see what happens, but he insists he is committed to the team and the boys in the dressing-room know that. He wants to win the league for Rangers. He wants to do his best and whatever happens at the end of the season happens.

"It is important the players know and everybody knows that Madjid is committed to Rangers.

"I asked him about the article and he said he did not mean it to come out that way and he did not say that.

"There is nothing more Madjid wants than to win the league and play every game.

"He has proved that by how fast he has come back from his injury."

McCulloch insists Gers aren't just playing for a league title, he claims a place in the Ibrox history books is now up for grabs.

He added: "It would be great, three consecutive titles and three cups, that would be a fantastic achievement.

"To go down in history in a club this size is something you would be proud to look back on and everybody is desperate to do that.

"It means a lot to the boys here, especially those, like me, who grew up as Rangers fans. It would be something special.

"This is the biggest test of my Rangers career.

"We are using the same players every week, with everything that is going on off the pitch surrounding the club, the fans and everything else.

McCulloch, 32, has found it tough watching from the sidelines.

But vibrant displays from kids like Kyle Hutton, Jamie Ness and Gregg Wylde, right, who was outstanding in the Co-op Cup Final win, have taken his breath away.

He added: "I think the youngsters have shown they are good enough and they must believe in themselves and then they will be fine.

"I try and speak to them and big Davie Weir is the same. Any time you think you can offer help, it is important you do it.

"I was a young boy once myself and there is nothing better than the experienced players coming up and having a word with you.

"It is good to hear them talking about you in that way.

"If there is anything at all I can help with, I will do it.

"I had experienced players like Billy Davies and Paul Lambert when I was at Motherwell.

"They were brilliant, speaking to you every day, trying to help you improve.

"It was a good learning curve and I try to do the same with the kids we have here."

Gers are boosted by the return of Bougherra for tonight's trip to Tannadice.

Steven Naismith, voted as Gers Player of the Year, is also available after serving his suspension, but McCulloch is unlikely to make it.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3534263/Hes-mad-for-it.html#ixzz1JxwKbRR4