Encouragement for the cheats

FIFA and UEFA are supposed to be trying to rid football of cheating but all the game's swindlers must have got huge encouragement from last nights game in Kiev.

No wonder it's called the Olympic stadium when there is a world class diving contest on show. Schevchenko would have won a gold medal quite easily for his slick tumbling.

Ukraine are the biggest bunch of submariners I've seen since watching Das Boot and The Hunt for Red October.

The Swedish referee seemed to think that anyone wearing a yellow top is surely immune to the laws of the game and that the opposing team should be punished as severely as possible as often as possible.

Time after time the Ukrainians got away with murder, while lesser tackles from Scotland resulted in free kicks and bookings.

I was sure that it would be impossible for the ref to give the Ukraine a penalty after the first 20 minutes after all the play acting they were doing. I thought it was a case of crying wolf and he's not believe them when a real foul was committed. How wrong I was when Shevchenko went down after what looked like no more than someone tapping you on the shoulder to ask you the time.

Maybe he was scared of a getting a happy slappy as they tend to use that tactic to get someone to face them.

But despite this being the most obvious of a series of dives that came straight from that advert of teams practicing falling over, the weak or biased or stupid or even corrupt referee, somehow pointed to the spot.

And this was minutes after sending a player off even though he'd hardly touched the same player who got more air than a champion skateboarder, and Elvis wasn't even the last man.

I don't think we're a better team than Ukraine but to lose in such a unjust manner just makes my blood boil as well as losing three players for our next game.

It's time to get rid of the cheats and time to weed out the referees who cannot judge the game fairly and accurately.

I really think for possible penalties,sendings off and ball over the line decisions it is time for a 4th official looking at video evidence. it should not include offside decisions though as games would last too long.