Goodwillie proud of valuation

What's the latest with his trial? Has a date been set? Has the charges been dropped?

A Utd fan I work with says the charges have been dropped, although I can't find anything online to back that up.

A Utd fan I work with says the charges have been dropped, although I can't find anything online to back that up.

Graham Chase

David Goodwillie

The honours just keep rolling in for David Goodwillie and it now seems implausible that he will remain at Dundee United beyond the summer.

The striker has been named Scottish PFA young player of the year and Clydesdale Bank Premier young player of the year after a blistering campaign that has seen him weigh in with 18 goals.

Goodwillie only turned 22 in March but has long been linked with a move to Rangers and now Premier League clubs are being linked with him.

Rangers were said to have bid �£1 million for him in the January transfer window following the departure of Kenny Miller for Bursaspor.

Dundee United further protected his value by persuading him to sign a new two-year deal only last month, with 'The Herald' claiming that Everton, Birmingham and Bolton are among the clubs considering a move this month.

Goodwillie still has to face a rape charge after an alleged incident in January but the controversy has not affected him on the field and he admits that he would like to try his luck south of the border in the future.

"I'm really happy with my goals because the tally I was aiming for was 15 and I've achieved that," he told BBC Sport after being awarded the Clydesdale award.

"It's been hard to concentrate on just the football but I've managed to and I'm happy. The manager has been great and the players have been great and that's really helped.

"I'm happy where I am at the moment but obviously I want to further my career and go elsewhere eventually but I'm not saying it will be this year or next year.

"That's up to the manager and the chairman to decide that. I would love to try the Premier League one day and see how I get on."

Where Goodwillie will be next season depends on a number of factors. Ibrox would be a natural step forward in his career and Ally McCoist will certainly be looking to add young talent throughout his threadbare squad.

But there is also a feeling that Rangers might just have missed their chance now that English clubs are circling.

There has been the suggestion that prospective new owner may commit just �£5 million to the transfer budget meaning that McCoist may have to spread his money thinly rather than splashing in excess of �£2million on one player.

Everton are desperate for strikers but having had to nurse Jermaine Beckford through this season, David Moyes may be unwilling to take another punt on an unproven player.

Birmingham could also do with more attacking options but Bolton are also an interesting prospect.

Owen Coyle will be keen to add depth to his forward line, with Johan Elmander set to move on, and has a proven track record of bringing players south, having taken Steven Fletcher to Burnley.

Reading striker Noel Hunt, who played with Goodwillie at Dundee United, believes the youngster can hack it in England.

And wherever he ends up, they are interesting weeks ahead for Goodwillie.

This is taken from fanhouse uk. I have no idea how much knowledge they have though.

http://www.fanhouse.co.uk/2011/05/04/david-goodwillie-ready-to-try-his-luck-in-the-english-premier-le/