NEIL LENNON has hit back at Walter Smith for refusing to criticise Celtic to his face.

Smith accused the Hoops of kicking off Scotland's season of shame by questioning the integrity of referees.

But Parkhead gaffer Lennon insists Smith is wrong and last night stormed: "I didn't think a lot of what was said by him. I was disappointed by it.

"He could've spoken to me about it first, he had plenty of opportunities to do that.

"I didn't think there was any real need for it either. I think he's wrong, he's totally wrong.

"Mark Wilson hit the nail on the head earlier this week. I went into a referee's room and the guy didn't tell me the truth. Then his assistant came out two days later and blew the whistle on him. I didn't, our club didn't. They did.

"Then there were cover-ups and non-truths. It led me to think: 'Well, I'm not the first Celtic manager not to be told the truth'.

"You know, I wasn't even going to go into the room that day. It was the SPL match delegate who told me to go in and get a clarification on it.

"If another manager had gone in, and the whole thing got exposed, would they be pleased about it? We were just looking for transparency. I don't think that's a lot to ask for. I mean, you are being lied to.

"It's not even a major lie, but it just grew and grew into something they created themselves."

Lennon revealed he was also unhappy SFA president George Peat, right, was present during a disciplinary hearing.

Lennon added: "I went to a disciplinary hearing for the first time and got a six-game ban. The president was there and was in and out of the meeting. Is that right or wrong? Should he be there? He's got a right to be there, but was he at other disciplinary meetings?

"So we got legal advice to say it was fundamentally wrong, what they did in the disciplinary meeting."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3593331/Say-it-to-my-face-Walter.html#ixzz1MwDBvdxY

Typical trouble-making article with an out of context trouble-making headline from Scotland's cheapest wank material.

If Lennon really meant to say what the headline says, he can say it to Walter's face.

The president was there and was in and out of the meeting. Is that right or wrong? Should he be there? He's got a right to be there

So making an issue where there is none.

It is incredibly disappointing that Mark Wilson and Neil lennon, virtual no marks in Scottish football, are attacking Walter Smith in such a way. They should be showing a legend of our game more respect.

Guest Dutchy

Walter is now out of all the madness. Who caused all the current madness might be a question for socioligists, politicians and historians of the future, but surely it's not just for everyone else that has to look in the mirror at themselves???