I'm seeing a lot of criticism about this online. Folk aren't happy with it.

I can see both sides - it's a bit disruptive to us, the timing is a bit odd, but it could make a 6 figure sum for the club. Which is always welcome.

I'm not against it at all Danny and as you say it'll make the club a lot of cash, but I'd have thought we would be scheduled to play an SPL game that weekend.

Money talks at the end of the day. Last game was brilliant when they were up a few years ago. Did Sebo not score the 2nd goal in that game?! I'm looking forward to it. Chelsea could have a few new faces by then too

Money talks at the end of the day. Last game was brilliant when they were up a few years ago. Did Sebo not score the 2nd goal in that game?! I'm looking forward to it. Chelsea could have a few new faces by then too

It's a pretty lucrative friendly against a side we have a big connection with. Timmy has his Utd and Liverpool friendlies, this is ours.

Im all for playing a big EPL side in a friendly but 3 weeks into the season and having a 'protocol' to postpone 1 game shows how laughable the SPL are. Fixture pile ups has been a problem for the last few years due to the winter plus heavy schedule after Xmas yet we are going to cancel a week in the summer? Strange one.

Dado....yes we won 2-0 last time out, Sebo and Novo scored.

According to Andrew Dickson (the guy who does RTV and the Rangers News) every team in the SPL are entitled to postpone one week of fixtures because Celtic had agreed to playing in the Dublin Cup prior to the new SPL start date.

Despite the fact I really enjoyed the game last time, I would much rather get on with SPL and get that wee bit of an advantage with them chasing us in the league early on. Will still go though :)