LEGGO - IRA SONGS PROFESSOR AT PARKHEAD- Exclusive!

Guest Dutchy

I think that what you say aweebluesoandso is the correct emotions of most Rangers fans, but with the Scottish Government looking into the so called religious bigotry of Scottish culture, I think a complete seperation of religion from the state is what is needed.

I'd say the French have the right idea, ironically enough given the history of Scotland and the Auld Alliance. Have a quick swatch of this expalnation and tell me what is wrong with it.

http://www.frenchentree.com/societe-francaise/displayarticle.asp?id=20486

It has some other advantages to me in the sense that the state refuses to fund religious groups, which would have consequences for catholic schools.;)

It's easy for modern day France to remain secular Dutchy because while their biggest religion is Catholicism, most catholics in France are non-practicing. Relgion in France really isn't popular at all, so people are born into a faith, but most don't follow it or adhere to it's ideals. The biggest religious problem in France is actually Islam and I only say it's a problem because it's the got the biggest fanatical following. You could say the same about Islam in England, but Scotland is different altogether.

Dutchy, I have been e-mailing leading members of the Scottish Parliament regularly before, during, and since the election regarding the ghiolla baine anti Scottish bigotry he regularly has on his website. That's been about 30 to 40 e-mails.

I HAVE RECEIVED NO REPLIES !!!!!!

At first I mailed my local Westminster MP, Brian Donohoe, and his reply was " I see what you mean but this is a matter for the Scottish Parliamet ".

I urge every one reading to do similar, and maybe things might happen.

Guest Dutchy

Well Zappa if that was a criteria for faith, they certainly qualify in the rest of the rich western Europen states, as they all use contraception. Not in Africa though as there's too skint to know any better that condoms have 'holes' in them, so it won't save your life. I'm sure they couldn't get away with even thinkin about saying that here, not because no-one listens to them, but because they'd be banned from practising their faith privately.

I've been thinkiing about it also biggordy, but feared the same response. I was thinking maybe I should write to Kenny McKaskill, the justice secretary, surely he couldn't ignore your pleas.

Then again, a well constructed letter to the papers after being ignored in this present debate couldn't go amiss.

Macaskil has already had dealings with the Irish Parliament at the behest of baine.

Bhaine had lobbied the Irish Parliament to act upon the "anti Irish Catholic" bigotry which he claimed the whole of Scotland was guilty of.

Macaskil's reply was one like "Scotland is against any kind of discrimination da da da...." A typically lame reply when one a bit more robust was required to nip bhaine in the bud.

I have absolutely no confidence in our soft, mealy mouthed, leeches who pose as politicians at OUR Parliament.

This is merely another example I'm afraid.

We need to lobby in numbers.

Guest Dutchy

You don't know what's been said between Macskil and the Irish, so there's no point in 'speculating' on it, although I do agree that as voters, our opinions are only sought once every 4-5 years at an election, that will never change. I do think something needs to be done though and the word democracy should be banndied about a lot more, they get nervous when you talk like that.

And of course, the fact the Irish Parliment has nothing to do with the Scottish Parliment.

Dutchy, I was not "speculating" on Macaskil's weasel words, I took them from the reply which bhaine copied on to his site, presuming this proven liar's words are to be believed on this occasion, which to me appearsd reliable.

Can you offer any reason why my many e-mails to our Parliament's leading members, including macaskil, over the past few months have not even received an acknowledgement let alone any meaningful response ?

Also, as I said, my enquiries were sent before, during and after the recent election. Thus, by your rationale, MSP's do not even ask our opinions at election time.

As for the nonsense "the fact the Irish Parliament has nothing to do with the Scottish Parliament". Do you know this is fact or are you just guessing ?

Three things come to mind. A few years ago did the Irish Parliament not contact the SP regarding various "outcries", the hokey Kokey comes to mind. Never mind that the person making this outcry was bhaine, it was reported as having been received by our Parliament, iy was also taken up peter kearney.

If you would care to read some of bhaine's "work", you will see letters he has purported to have sent to his own Irish MP, and the replies he supposedly received. I think maybe on this occasion he might have been believable as several names were quoted, MPs etc.

Guest Dutchy

biggordy: I find it difficult to see how I can answer for others and I don't much take to this tit-for-tat type of posting, it usually always ends in strife. But I will attempt to reply to your comments, for what good it may or may not do.

The first point I find particulary difficult to respond to as I find it impossible to comment of anyones words that I've not seen, of indeed are their expalnations of someone elses words. But I do recognize that if Macaskil is not denying the interprtation of a converstion, then it must be true. Or he may just not be interested in what an Irish politician has to say, or even know about it.

Constitutionally, the Irish Parliment has nothing to do with the Scottish Parliment. It's not even in the same UK Parliment. The Westminster Parliment can, and does effect decisions on Scotland, but not in justice, which is a devolved matter and why anybody with an interest in the up and coming laws about to be passed should have the right to an expalnation, or at east show their displeasure, if that be the case to the formulation of the law.

I don't think it benefits anyone to de-ride either the Scots Parliment, or anhyone in it as we now have to learn to deal with our own problems. The Irish Parliment can shout all it wants as it is attempting to influence Scottish policy, but it's up to us as Scots to make our case for what we want.

The Parliment was dissolved at least 6 weeks before the actual election, so I don't know how long it was you were posting your mails, because nobody was working during that time. In fact, they're not even meant to be MSP's during that period. I too sent emails via the Parliment site and I found that I didn't have Outlook, which is what they use, so it never got to them. It took me sometime to realize that I had to copy their address into my contacts to get in touch with them, but they were still as unhelpful as you've suggested.

It's true that politicians are lying, cheating and ignorant bastards, but I think you just have to persit in drawing to these politicians attention what you think about their goings on.

There's not much I can do, myself, to explain the machinations of these types of people, but there is also a complaints procedure within the parliments site and I suggest you use that, rather than ask me to explain what they're up to.

Guest Dutchy

What part is not true?

The part where I don't like tit-for-tat arguements, or are you talking about the supreme court overruling the Scots Parliment?????