KIRKWOOD's team will play in several friendlies before season starts on Aug 13

More...

RANGERS will warm up for the 2011/12 under-19 season with several friendly games against opposition from across Britain.

This month Billy Kirkwood's new-look side will test their fitness levels against Falkirk at Murray Park on the 12th and the club's young guns are in action again on the 16th when Penicuik Athletic are the hosts.

On the 23rd the 19s then face Cumbernauld United at Guy's Meadow before Sunderland travel to Auchenhowie on the 30th, kick-off 1pm, for the first of two bounce matches against Premiership challengers.

Blackburn Rovers will also be in action at Murray Park on August 6 and Kirkwood will be looking for his players to acquit themselves well seven days before they start the new SPL campaign against Kilmarnock at home.

Don't forget a lot of the under-19 players will also feature for Tommy Wilson's Reserves in forthcoming weeks and the club's second string have a busy schedule of games lined up, starting with two testimonials.

The first is for Stirling Albion's Peter McKenzie at Forthbank Stadium on July 12, kick-off 7.45pm, and the second is on the 17th for Shotts Bon Accord midfielder John Boyack at Hannah Park.

On Sunday July 24 fans will get another chance to see the club's rising stars in action against Cambuslang Rangers at the annual Garry Lynch Memorial Tournament before Bulgaria's under-19s take on Rangers Reserves at Murray Park on Saturday, July 30 at 3pm.

*Please note all kick-off times above are 2pm unless stated otherwise.

Edited by Frankie

I think I might take in the game at Pencuik a week on Saturday... :cool:

I assume the KO is 2pm in that game ?

I fly into Edinburgh at about 1pm.... wouldnt mind taking the wee fella to it, but doubt I will be able to get checked into the hotel and out to Penicuik in time :(

I assume the KO is 2pm in that game ?

I fly into Edinburgh at about 1pm.... wouldnt mind taking the wee fella to it, but doubt I will be able to get checked into the hotel and out to Penicuik in time :(

Yeah, seems to be 2pm so why not check into the hotel afterwards? Or do they sort out your hire car etc?

Pencuik is only about 20min drive from the airport.

Yeah, seems to be 2pm so why not check into the hotel afterwards? Or do they sort out your hire car etc?

Pencuik is only about 20min drive from the airport.

I dont have a hire car when I arrive Frankie - we are in the Hilton Caledonian (business meetings all the following week) so no need for a car until the following Friday for when we head West.

I should get the taxi to drop the Mrs with all the luggage at the hotel and then the wee fella and I can go watch the footy !

Cheers for the info. I might see if I can convince them to go. Might see ya there !

Very posh. :whistle:

Problem you have then is that the hotel is in the centre of Edinburgh so that will add on an hour for you to get in and out of town for the game. I'd offer to pick you up but there's no way I'm heading into the West End on a Saturday lunchtime. :(

pfftttt, what kind of forum is this when the admin cant do a taxi service ?

No worries, looks like I will miss out and have to do lunch with the in-laws instead. on your head be it Frankie :D