Arsenal have agreed to sell Fabregas to Barca according to Guardiola. Excellent piece of business by Wenger. Kidnap him for nothing and then sell him on 7 or 8 years later for �£35m-40m.

Thanks for the memories Cesc but you're just as well leaving as your heart wasn't in it anymore.

I get fed up of Barca and Real during the summers with their tapping of players. Henry, Fabregas and Ronaldo for last 6 years has been poor even if the players want to go.

Another excellent piece of 'business' by Wenger but after I backed them to win the league last season Im doubting a top 4 finish for Arsenal this year. Still no keeper although Szczesny looked decent last season and they still need a top partner for Vermaelen. Djourou, Squillachi and Koscienly are decent back up but nothing compared to Chelsea, Man U or Man Citys defence.

Seems Nasri wants to go also, but the papers are saying Ribery is close to joining them which would be a boost. I thought losing Clichy was a loss but Arsenal have a cracking history of LBs (Samson, Winterburn, Silvinho, Even Van Bronkhorst played there, A Cole) and Kieron Gibbs is potentially the next top one.

Edited by Gribz

Kieran Gibbs is pish. I would keep him as a backup player but I don't think he's good enough for the 1st team. He looks nervous and often makes mistakes. Vermaelen could play LB but that would leave a huge gap in the central defence area. If Fabregas does go hopefully some of the money will be used to bring in Gary Cahill from Bolton.