I blew it when I quit Rangers

KENNY MILLER has admitted he should NEVER have quit Rangers.

The Scotland star joined Cardiff this summer and insists his move to Bursaspor was a mistake.

Miller, 31, landed a �£50,000-a-week deal with the Turks in January but said: "In hindsight I look back and probably wish I had stayed at Rangers. It was a decision made purely on what was going to be happening the following year.

"The contract offer I got at Rangers just wasn't good enough. It was unacceptable.

"I felt I either had to sit it out there until the end of the season or leave in January.

"By leaving I was getting a few months at a new club under my belt before my first full season, so I took that option.

"But it became very hard for me and coming back to Britain or somewhere closer to home was the only option."

Miller was linked with an Ibrox return before Bluebirds boss Malky Mackay swooped for him.

The hitman, who will win his 56th cap when he skippers Scotland against Denmark tonight, insisted: "There was a lot of speculation and it would have been great.

"But in many ways it wasn't an option as there was no contact until late on. When contact was finally made with Rangers it was impossible for me to turn my back on Cardiff. I'd given my word to Malky and I wasn't going back on that.

"It would have been a slap in the face to him as we were too far down the line."

Gers have missed out on EIGHT summer signing targets but Miller believes they are still the team to beat.

He said: "I don't worry for them. They still have three weeks to go to get a few new faces in.

"They definitely have the nucleus of a fantastic squad - or at least a fantastic team to put out."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3743386/I-blew-it-when-I-quit-Rangers.html#ixzz1UZxH6znk

How many ex players do we hear with the same old rubbish simple solution don't leave ya tool no sympathy and your first goal for Cardiff was the goalies fault.

Was it his fault that he left?,was it his fault he is not back now?.

Was it his fault that he left?,was it his fault he is not back now?.

His he left yes said he could have stayed we all know he left for the money and I wanted 6 months before the new season started is crap the Turks told him come now or don't come at the end of the season. His he didn't come back prob not but I wouldn't have paid any more than we got for him either so I can't have a moan at Rangers for that.

His he left yes said he could have stayed we all know he left for the money and I wanted 6 months before the new season started is crap the Turks told him come now or don't come at the end of the season. His he didn't come back prob not but I wouldn't have paid any more than we got for him either so I can't have a moan at Rangers for that.

I wasn't having a dig at you mate,they are serious questions.

What contract extension was he offered?. Deffo wasn't his fault for not returning this season,according to him Rangers never contacted him until after he had agreed terms with Cardiff

Kenny Miller didn't want to leave Rangers i know for a fact, he had 6 months left on his contract and was offered a 40% pay cut to stay he was happy to stay on the same wage on a new 3yr deal, Rangers wouldnt give him that he was top scorer of the SPL had scored 20 goals the bank wouldnt sanction him to stay they forced him out. Bursaspor had come in and put money on the table to buy him no other club did that the club/bank wanted the money, Miller was offered a deal he couldnt refuse stay and take a 40% paycut or move on and get paid what he was worth. He wanted a club in the uk as his wife didnt want to move to Turkey as has been proved he waited till end of season for a uk club to come in for him. Ally wanted him back but by the time our board got there finger out he had agreed to join Cardiff Ally was seething privately.

Guest Dutchy

Well everyone and his dog knew Kenny would regret leaving, but he didn't realise it until he done it.

Now he knows.

Unfortunately, there's been so much written about the Kenny Miller saga, that I'd prefer it to all just go away and I treat it as water under the bridge. He's not coming back and talking about his regret just gives sukkor to his detractors. On the whole, it was his decision and he has to live with it, just as Rangers had to continue without him. End of.

I wasn't having a dig at you mate,they are serious questions.

What contract extension was he offered?. Deffo wasn't his fault for not returning this season,according to him Rangers never contacted him until after he had agreed terms with Cardiff

Didn't think you where mate. You would think by now they should know we may be a huge club in a wee league but we are still huge club but they never learn. Boogie will be next Mark my words.

Didn't think you where mate. You would think by now they should know we may be a huge club in a wee league but we are still huge club but they never learn. Boogie will be next Mark my words.

I noticed today his International manager saying he might be less inclined to pick him as he is in a lower standard of League or words to that effect.

Madjid might already be realising what a mistake he has made.

I noticed today his International manager saying he might be less inclined to pick him as he is in a lower standard of League or words to that effect.

Madjid might already be realising what a mistake he has made.

Bougherra has gone there for 35k wk tax free he wont give a toot about whether he is picked or not for national team imo. I still bet he will be picked he has become an important player for Algeria over the last 2 years.