Lennon to cash in on �£27m Aid

AIDEN McGEADY is at the centre of a staggering �£27million transfer tussle between Spartak Moscow and Zenit St Petersburg.

It could see former club Celtic celebrate a whopping �£1.7m windfall.

Reports in Russia state that Zenit are closing in on a breathtaking swoop for the Spartak wing ace who's taken their league by storm since leaving Parkhead in August, 2010.

Hoops chief executive Peter Lawwell negotiated a record �£10m fee with Spartak for Republic of Ireland star McGeady but SunSport understands he also insisted on a sell-on clause guaranteeing 10 per cent of any amount above the original figure.

It means if Zenit land McGeady then Celts boss Neil Lennon will likely have his transfer budget significantly boosted.

Spartak are expected to accept Zenit's incredible offer. They lie in sixth place, ten points behind leaders CSKA Moscow, and McGeady has become frustrated at their form.

He said: "We're so inconsistent at the moment. It doesn't make me optimistic this season."

However, McGeady would be under pressure if he did decide to move.

The two sides have the fiercest rivalry in Russian football and an incredible 659 fans were arrested in the stadium following a game two years ago.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3750159/Lennon-to-cash-in-on-27m-Aid.html#ixzz1UrOhYCgN

:wtf:

Isn't 10% of �£27m �£2.7m?

The good old Scottish Sun strikes again.

Hoops chief executive Peter Lawwell negotiated a record �£10m fee with Spartak for Republic of Ireland star McGeady but SunSport understands he also insisted on a sell-on clause guaranteeing 10 per cent of any amount above the original figure.

But 10% of 17mil is 1.7mil.

Yeah Anzhi are spending big Terek are as well a lot of these Russia/Ukrainian clubs have ridiculous amount of money. But as I say Zenit and Spartak hate each other but I don't care its a way to shoot your footballing career in the foot.

Yeah Anzhi are spending big Terek are as well a lot of these Russia/Ukrainian clubs have ridiculous amount of money. But as I say Zenit and Spartak hate each other but I don't care its a way to shoot your footballing career in the foot.

Worse than going from green and grey to the glorious blue.

Worse than going from green and grey to the glorious blue.

I don't know but it has been been done before Vladimir Bystrov has done it and been booed by both sets of fans. It has never happened with us so there is no comparison in that respect.

Anyway that price is just ridiculous and he is overrated imo never worth that.