If Whyte said �£5M a season

As with most of the Whyte comments, I think it is impossible to judge what he meant.

It's clear our premature Euro exists will have affected our budget so I can't see us spending any more barring some sort of emergency (or a player sale).

�£5m including wages (Davis, McGregor, Whittaker and Wylde) has been spent according to Whyte from what I read on the official website when a statement was released after the window, well it was something along those lines..

Yes, I doubt there will be any signings maybe a short term loan or 2.

When you do the arithmetic there's absolutely no way that �£5m was spent including the new/improved contracts for Davis, McGregor, Whittaker and Wylde. The only way you can get to a figure of �£5m or more is if you don't count the �£1.7m received from the Qatari team for Bougherra.

I'm not bothered what anyone says, players wages are not transfers.

I understand that going out of 2 European competitions will have an effect on finances, but that's not what was promised and I don't like being treated like an idiot in the claim that wages are transfers.

When you do the arithmetic there's absolutely no way that �£5m was spent including the new/improved contracts for Davis, McGregor, Whittaker and Wylde. The only way you can get to a figure of �£5m or more is if you don't count the �£1.7m received from the Qatari team for Bougherra.

Which I think has been done, plus the �£800k from Adam. Net we are talking not much spent on players rather than wages and new contracts. CL and Europa League downfalls have been significant. �£7m bids on players then withdrawn suddenly. After Maribor I knew we would sign nobody and thought we would be lucky to keep our main assets which we did. Even though we are in need of a striker imo chances missed in the Malmo game should have been a warning light to get somebody in if you don't want to use Healy and well Beattie was gone and Hemmings not experienced enough . If we got through against Maribor again I would debate if we actually signed anybody maybe a striker but its all ifs and buts now.

I'm not bothered what anyone says, players wages are not transfers.

I understand that going out of 2 European competitions will have an effect on finances, but that's not what was promised and I don't like being treated like an idiot in the claim that wages are transfers.

Whether you bothered or not that is the way it works now. I did think wages would be part of the budget, there is re-signing fees and agents fees (:() when dealing with new contracts.

Whether you bothered or not that is the way it works now. I did think wages would be part of the budget, there is re-signing fees and agents fees (:() when dealing with new contracts.

No, you can't just change terms and conditions because it suit the reality of lying bastards. Trransfer money that is put up at the beginning of the season is for that purpose, not for what financial expert like to tell you that is the way it is. FFS!