Sion claim new court win invalidating Celtic's Europa League inclusion

Well here's todays statement form the 53 member associations:

The independant sports justice system is the best guaarantor of equality and fairness for all perticipants in sports. Any member of the football family which refuses to accept the rules of the competition should not participate in it.

Seems straightforward enough to me and everybody knew it, except Sion.

I believe Sion are claiming that they have abided by the rules but UEFA are changing them.

My understanding of the situation is that it is a similar situation to the Lennon ban running concurrently from last season. Something was communicated to Sion and they have taken it to mean one thing when UEFA's intention was different.

PRESIDENT Christian Constantin last night claimed that it will be Sion and not Celtic who will be making the trip to Rennes in the Europa League later this month.

A Swiss court last night ordered UEFA to re-instate Sion back into the tournament and told them they will stop the tournament if it doesn’t happen.

Europe’s governing club body have been told to pay Sion’s court costs and also 1000 Swiss Francs for every day they are frozen out of the competition.

A hopeful Constantin, who saw his side beat Celtic in the play-off round before they were kicked out for breaking a FIFA transfer embargo, said: “We will play Rennes on October 20.

"This is a state court decision and no one on Earth can not go against it, apart from criminals. Without our reinstatement, the Europa League will be blocked at the end of the group stage.

"We will play the next game in Group I on October 20 in Rennes. And then we catch up on our first two games."

UEFA had indicated they would make a statement today but they have now delayed that until next week.

The Swiss courts, who govern UEFA's hometown of Nyon, have made it clear that FIFA and UEFA were wrong to stop Sion signing players.

Sion were kicked out of the competition for fielding ineligible players against Celtic in their play-off round win.

It is unclear whether UEFA would be prepared to increase Group X to five teams or to replace Celtic with Sion. If the latter happens then it is likely the Hoops would launch their own protest.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/276060/Sion-say-they-will-face-Rennes-instead-of-Celtic

Guest Dutchy
I believe Sion are claiming that they have abided by the rules but UEFA are changing them.

My understanding of the situation is that it is a similar situation to the Lennon ban running concurrently from last season. Something was communicated to Sion and they have taken it to mean one thing when UEFA's intention was different.

Surely this arguement is more legal shenaniggins and septic probably had a better case as the SFA were indeed run pretty badly.

Besides, the statement I put up is from the member associations, them all saying that they broke the rules.