4th-october-premier-league-broadcasting-d-day

http://tomkinstimes.com/2011/09/4th-october-premier-league-broadcasting-d-day/'>http://tomkinstimes.com/2011/09/4th-october-premier-league-broadcasting-d-day/

The Premier League (PL) will soon find out whether they have won or lost a court case that may totally change the way supporters watch PL football. This will have significant implications for every PL club, including Liverpool. Yet very few people yet seem to be aware of what is just around the corner...

Link : http://tomkinstimes.com/2011/09/4th-october-premier-league-broadcasting-d-day/

Bubble burst?

I know that in the Nederlands you have to pay to see the Eridivsie games, but a few yearrs ago, CH5 used to show a 90 minute package, of which the main match was quite extensive. I suppose it wasn't the same as accessing live footy, but anything that reduces the ELP's income sounds good to me.

I'm probably just twisted, or I think that there's too much money in the game because of marketing down south?

Hope this happens Sky hold too much power, my local pub just got rid of Sky was costing him £800 a month absolute nonsense the pub down the road got Taliban TV for a fraction of the cost.

On another point would this be good for us we already sell to the rest of the world on Rangers Tv would we make much money selling to the UK.

I agree with Bluedell. The most obvious solution for Sky is not to offer a "discounted" rate to other EU countries. EU countries would have to pay the same as the UK which would probably make it prohibitively expensive for them and so they would probably decline. This would lose Sky money but not as much as lowering fees in the UK where the bulk of their income comes from.

Unless for instance, Sky buy up say the Spanish rights, sell them for the same fee as in Britain, and so could offer the Premiership included in the deal with British viewers getting the Spanish games. Or companies could offer reciprocal arrangements as long as their tariff is of a similar figure.

What it *could* mean is actually higher prices in the UK to make up for the shortfall but with a virtual blackout of Premiership football in the rest of Europe. English teams may also have reduced payments but not significantly so.

It seems a no win situation for the Landlady in Portsmouth, if she wins, it could mean she will *only* be able to get the feeds from Sky for the usual exorbitant amount and people holidaying in Greece won't be able to watch the games unless a proprietor pays full UK price for a contract - or they use a Slingbox or similar or maybe take their Sky box and card with them...

In the end, it could ironically mean Sky have even more of a stranglehold than before...