Well done to Kal Naismith!

The lower leagues of Scottish football is terrible. I pop along to Cliftonhill to see Albion Rovers if they're at home when I'm working and they're atrocious. The standard of football is appalling. Being kicked off the pitch every game won't improve Naismith as a player.

I also wonder what chance he has of playing for us when he comes back?

I suppose 50/50 would be good, but as longas we're winning, he may get a better opportunity, or he may not.

The lower leagues of Scottish football is terrible. I pop along to Cliftonhill to see Albion Rovers if they're at home when I'm working and they're atrocious. The standard of football is appalling.

Persoanlly, I think you'd have to be taking in a lot more than just the occassional game to get a true picture of what's on offer in the lower leagues for a young player going out on loan when he graduates from the youth system. East Fife, a team at the bottom of the second division just put an SPL team out of the league cup and the team Kal Naismith has went to on loan destroyed East Fife 6-0 or something a few weeks ago.

Being kicked off the pitch every game won't improve Naismith as a player.

Even if it's only the 2nd Division, playing games at a pro level will help the lad. A bigger club would have been nice, but he's at least getting games for Cowdenbeath. I think he's started all three of their games since he went on loan a few weeks back. Some cracking players and managers have played for and coached at these type of small clubs over the years and then moved up to a higher level, so to suggest it's pointless sending out an U19 graduate to this type of club is a bit unimaginative.

Persoanlly, I think you'd have to be taking in a lot more than just the occassional game to get a true picture of what's on offer in the lower leagues

I've seen Albion Rovers 22 times (I think) in the past 2 seasons. Not to bad considered they've played about 40ish home games in that time. That's definately more than the occasional game.

The lower leagues of Scottish football is terrible. I pop along to Cliftonhill to see Albion Rovers if they're at home when I'm working and they're atrocious. The standard of football is appalling. Being kicked off the pitch every game won't improve Naismith as a player.

From a very positive OP on a young Rangers player out on laon you've done your usual negative spin, shock horror :fish:

Getting first team games rather than playing youth or reserve football is giving him a chance to improve himself no matter what level, it's up to him to take it and he's had a very good start by the looks of it.

From a very positive OP on a young Rangers player out on laon you've done your usual negative spin, shock horror :fish:

Getting first team games rather than playing youth or reserve football is giving him a chance to improve himself no matter what level, it's up to him to take it and he's had a very good start by the looks of it.

Change the record. People on here are saying the same thing about Hutton going to Partick thistle yet they don't get targetted like you're doing with me. I say a move to Cowdenbeath won't do Naismith any good and you have a pop at me.

I've seen the playing standard of Division 2 and Division 3 and think we shouldn't be sending our players out on loan there. We've done it in the past and it's not worked!

Sometimes I wonder if you come on here just to nit pick.

Change the record. People on here are saying the same thing about Hutton going to Partick thistle yet they don't get targetted like you're doing with me. I say a move to Cowdenbeath won't do Naismith any good and you have a pop at me.

I've seen the playing standard of Division 2 and Division 3 and think we shouldn't be sending our players out on loan there. We've done it in the past and it's not worked!

Sometimes I wonder if you come on here just to nit pick.

How I am picking on you, grow up it's a forum gazza. How can first team competitive football for a young boy making his way in the game not help and improve him? Just because it's not worked in the past for others, there has been some where it has helped them plenty.

Again the OP was in a postive manner but your post doesnt state anything other than negative on the young player and the lower clubs, and you say I nick pick ha ha good one. And you say that when after someone starts a post yesterday with the Rangers team your only reply is 'shite bench'. That sums you up for me and i'll do us both a favour (i'm sure you'll agree to that) and stop replying to your 'negative' posts after this one :cheers:

How I am picking on you, grow up it's a forum gazza.

And you seem to hunt my posts down and comment.

How can first team competitive football for a young boy making his way in the game not help and improve him? Just because it's not worked in the past for others, there has been some where it has helped them plenty.

Because it's a shit standard of football. It's 2 touch football, 1st touch to control and the next touch is a 50 yard punt up the field. That standard of football is for players who have found their level, not for players who are on the books of Rangers and have ambitions to better themselves.

Again the OP was in a postive manner but your post doesnt state anything other than negative on the young player and the lower clubs, and you say I nick pick ha ha good one. And you say that when after someone starts a post yesterday with the Rangers team your only reply is 'shite bench'. That sums you up for me and i'll do us both a favour (i'm sure you'll agree to that) and stop replying to your 'negative' posts after this one :cheers:

I would love it if you could point me in the direction of my negative post regarding Naismith as a player. I've never seen the boy play so can't say how good or bad a player he is.

Hahaha, my comment 'bench is shite' is the truth. The players we had on the bench were sub standard or players who haven't performed for us with the exception of Alexander and Bedoya who hasn't really had a chance to show how good a player he is.

I wish I could always have my head stuck firmly up my arse and fail to see the reality of our football club like yourself.

I'll keep my thoughts on you to myself because if I don't I'll get a wee telling off by the mods.

Edited by Gazza_8