Anti-Football ?

Not being in the UK I was just wondering if we are still hearing Rangers being labelled as an "anti-football" club ?

Given we have only dropped 2 points in our opening 8 games, have soundly pumped our nearest rivals 4-2 with a quite scintillating 2nd half performance and with a goal difference which is 4 higher than theirs only 8 games into the new season.

Are we still being given that monicker or has it died down for the time being ?

I am not trying to be blase, and I fully recognise that prizes are won in May and not September, but we have played some cracking attacking football at times this season already. Yes, we have had some poor displays too but, thankfully, domestically, they have been few and far between.

Going by the mistake I made in having a quick glance at the daily rebel yesterday, we are getting praise for attacking football but the media have now decided that some of our team are too good to be playing in the SPL and want some to be moved on in Jan for their own good and ambition of course nothing to do with the fact that it might help the scum win the league.

Was interesting to read Ally at start of season say we have attacking players why play defensive football.

One game I remember us being criticised for was against St Johnstone, but we managed to get a 2-0 win against them. Our prefromance was roundly be-maoned as being rather negative, but St Johnstone have beaten 3 of the teams above them in the leagues so far this season. Hearts on Sunday, 3-0 against Motherwell at Fir Park, and of course a 1-0 win against septic at the Glitterdome.

It may not have been a great perfomance by us, but it was a win, which other teams challenging for the top 3 positions couldn't seem to even manage that. OF course, I think St Johnstone are doing very well this year as they now seem to have solved their goal scoring problem this season, but we still beat them.

So just because prima-donna footballers can't manage to break down our defensive wall, it doesn't mean defending is not part of the game, a part we seem to be very good at and others can see the benefits of adopting that tack also, the Falkirk game springs to mind immediately. It seems to be the preffered option of teams that are unequal in terms of finance and players. We're not doing that in the SPL, because there is no equal to us, in the games so far, Hearts at Ibrox being the only exception, which they have not maintained.