The Blue Order and Union Bears protest today

We had an SNP MSP on the radio this morning complaining about sectarian singing at Ibrox on Saturday. Now that's pish of the highest order.

Humza Yousaf MSP was his name and he's part of the Justice Committee. Also a Celtic supporter by his own admittance.

He's suggested he wasn't intending to refer to Saturday's game and has apologies for any confusion. I'll say one thing for the guy, he's definitely approachable on Twitter etc and has been critical of his own club/fans formally.

He probably has more idea why he's wearing that black tape that the average policeman has about his objectives in policing a football crowd. Sounds like you've finally crossed the line.

What line?

I'm a a Rangers fan and I'm a copper. I'll defend Rangers when I see fit and I'll do the same re the police. Nothing wrong with that!

People on here and in the big bad world are blaming the police for this new Act that could be introduced. We don't implement the laws, we just enforce them.

Edited by Gazza_8

People on here and in the big bad world are blaming the police for this new Act that could be introduced. We don't implement the laws, we just enforce them.

Certain people high up in Strathclyde Police have been heavily, heavily involved in the campaign to create these new laws. They've worked closely with politicians from day one, especially agenda-driven idiots at Glasgow City Council. I can't remember names etc, but I'm sure 26th of foot could mention some interesting details, as could David Leggat and others.

Certain people high up in Strathclyde Police have been heavily, heavily involved in the campaign to create these new laws. They've worked closely with politicians from day one, especially agenda-driven idiots at Glasgow City Council. I can't remember names etc, but I'm sure 26th of foot could mention some interesting details, as could David Leggat and others.

Like I said, we don't implement the laws. Maybe some high up officers recommend ideas and maybe put ideas across themselves but they have no power as to whether they're passed or not.

Like I said, we don't implement the laws. Maybe some high up officers recommend ideas and maybe put ideas across themselves but they have no power as to whether they're passed or not.

Strathclyde has a population in excess of 2.5 million Gav. When high heed yins in Strathclyde Police make recommendations to the government, the government listen.

Strathclyde has a population in excess of 2.5 million Gav. When high heed yins in Strathclyde Police make recommendations to the government, the government listen.

Agreed. However, it's the MSP who vote to pass the laws.

Guest Dutchy
Agreed. However, it's the MSP who vote to pass the laws.

I assume you're familiar with the concept of lobbying in British politics? In fact, most western democracies!