Humza Yousaf MSP- Chance to ask some questions on Offensive Behaviour Bill

I should add that you may have seen me question Humza on G4S before (via Twitter). He promised he'd look into it but has never replied.

I believe the background and work of G4S would be very interesting should someone choose to investigate further.

Frankie,

I have indeed and it's definitely something I'll be asking about. As you say these stewards will be the people who bring much of the 'offensive' behaviour to the notice of police. I very much doubt they will be any clearer than anyone else at this point as to what constitutes offensive behaviour under the bill and any other type of offensiveness that is not covered.

Many thanks to you all for the questions and please keep them coming.

I should add that you may have seen me question Humza on G4S before (via Twitter). He promised he'd look into it but has never replied.

I believe the background and work of G4S would be very interesting should someone choose to investigate further.

G4S has previous, let's go back to the norious Neil Lennon attempted assault at Tynecastle last May. John Wilson was charged with both Aggravated Breach and Assault on evidence soley provided by G4S Operations Director, Peter Croy. The 61 year old was the only person to hear Wilson utter sectarian insults during the attempted assault of ra Sellik manager.

There were more than a couple of dozen folks in a 10 meter vivinity of ra Sellik technical area and no one heard what Peter Croy says he heard. Further, why was an Operations Director at the mouth of the tunnel? Surely, his place is in the police Operations Box, monitoring and assessing the constant flow of information?

However slender this unsupported evidence was, and it was gossamer thin; the Lord Advocate, Frank Mulholland and the PF decided to prosecute to achieve a desired result. The Jury saw through this and returned the appropriate verdict. Has G4S's Peter Croy been subjected to a police report reference perjury?

G4S has been found to be less than credible.

I'd like to ask him why this bill is being connected to football as the one rational given is more to do with exccessive alcohol intake. I continually hear that domestic violence increases during OF games. If domestic violence does not reduce significantly during OF games after new legislation is intoroduced, will the MSP admit that their reasons for this bill are false and suspend it from the statue book?

1. Could someone get arrested for having an offensive ringtone on their mobile phone while at the football? Say a Rangers fan is right next to a catholic steward and the Rangers fans phone starts blasting out the Famine song.

2. Could someone get arrested for having a talking toy teddy bear that says "Fuck the pope and the IRA" or something like that when you squeeze it? What about a toy teddy bear that sings The Billy Boys? Will that be illegal?

Are these personal questions? Do you have such a bear? If so I think we all want to hear about it. ;-)

Sorry Chris. What started off as a satirical and sarcastic idea about getting arrested for a sectarian ringtone just turned silly when I started thinking about talking teddy bears. I'll get my coat! :D