Romanov puts Hearts up for sale

Lithuanian announces he is quitting football

Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov has confirmed that the club has been put up for sale and that he is quitting football.

The Lithuanian has told Russian state newsagency RIA Novosti that he is seeking buyers for Hearts, FBK Kaunas and Belarusian club Partizan Minsk.

Russian-born Romanov is now keen to severe ties with Hearts - who he bought in 2005.

"I want to leave football. I have given the order to find buyers for all my clubs," Romanov said.

During his six years in charge Romanov has gone through eight managers during a up and down tenure since he took control.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11790/7313172/Romanov-puts-Hearts-up-for-sale

I remember speaking to Jambo fans and asked if they were not concerned about this guy.

They didn't seem too bothered then, but I'd like to hear what they have to say now.

I'll be listening intently to the pub gossip this weekend to see if Rangers are no longer the subject of failure for them all.

What a mess!!!

It does make you wonder what kind of state they will be left in?

Unless some super-rich sugar daddy buys the club and clears it's debt to Romanov's banks, the club could be completely ruined. Hearts were in serious financial trouble BEFORE Romanov took over and I think their finances are even worse now than they were back then. Hearts fans will be shitting themselves and any who aren't probably should be because their club owes Mad Vlad a total fortune.

I suspect their future very much depends on whether Vlad waives the 30 million of debt the club owe his bank.

Aye, but remember; this is the same cold bastard that done hundreds, maybe thousands of loyal factory workers out of their pensions in one of his dodgy deals in Lithuania.