Why didn't Rangers fans think of that?

In my View Michel Platini has made an arse of himself after joking about Lyons victory against Dynamo Zagreb. In my eyes there is enough evidence to at least have some doubt about whether the game was fixed or not. His stance against video reviews during the match makes me mistrust him nearly as much as I mistrust Sepp Blatter who is nothing more than a criminal in my eyes.

To the game of football UEFA everyday of the week, but until somebody comes up with something better we're stuck with them.

As you say GA we are stuck with them, maybe one day they will restrict ONE Champion from each European league to compete in 'The Champions League' then maybe one day Rangers will win it, but UEFA wont do that, so......FUCK UEFA.

In my View Michel Platini has made an arse of himself after joking about Lyons victory against Dynamo Zagreb. In my eyes there is enough evidence to at least have some doubt about whether the game was fixed or not. His stance against video reviews during the match makes me mistrust him nearly as much as I mistrust Sepp Blatter who is nothing more than a criminal in my eyes.

The game stinks mate, Platini & Blatter are corrupt and that's why world football is now a sport for the rich....fucking up the true spirit of the game.

The two of them are the best of mates and have a fair history going back a long way.

It's also another reason why we should be wary of anyone claiming to be a tough, strong leader, in any walk of life as more often than not it results in what we have with UEFA and the state the worlds economy is in.

To my mind, a strong leader that comments on the plight of the poor as an excuse for not introducing certain methods of decision making technology might feel the need to comment upon the wages of quarter a million a week for one player. But then again, not if you're a crook.

If septic fans were putting up banners fecking UEFA for that reason, I'd support them, but it's clearly not the reason they're doing it, so they need to be punished, regardless how bent the leadership of UEFA is.

Guest superrcooper7
Aren't UEFA going to look into the banner?

Celtic had four of their own stewards with the 800-strong travelling support and one of them was the victim of an alleged assault as the banner was being confiscated.

One Celtic supporter was identified, spent Thursday night in custody in Italy, and will receive a life ban from Parkhead. Lawwell said efforts were underway to find out who else was responsible for the behaviour which seems sure to mean more disciplinary action from Uefa. Both the banner, which said "F*** Uefa", and the flares were mentioned in the Uefa delegate's report and Celtic expect to hear within 48 hours whether they will be charged. Three or four flares were discharged minutes before kick-off, with one being lobbed on to the running track around the pitch.

Last week Celtic were fined £12,700 for "illicit", pro-IRA chanting at their group game against Rennes, and the Udine banner was in response to that. That fine was their fans' first punishment for singing although they were fined £420 for bottle-throwing in the San Siro in 2007, £25,000 when a fan invaded the pitch and slapped Milan's Dida also in 2007, and £42,430 for a fan invading the pitch against Manchester United in 2008. In 2003 their support received Fair Play awards from both FIFA and Uefa for their behaviour at the Uefa Cup final in Seville, but any punishment for what happened in Udine will be their fifth in four years.

Flares used to be common at games around mainland Europe, but that is no longer the case since UEFA banned them. Barcelona were fined £87,000 after their fans let off 10 flares during the Super Cup game against Porto in Monaco in August.

This week, Hannover '96 passed on a £3300 fine from the German FA to one of their fans who admitted throwing a flare. If UEFA impose a fine on Celtic, the banner could provoke the governing body into a stiffer penalty. Lawwell questioned whether those responsible in Udine even cared about Celtic.

"Off the pitch, over the last decade we have built a fantastic reputation around Europe which we are all very proud of, and which we basically want to protect. Clearly, there is a very small, rogue element that has developed within our support which we have got to weed out. We are not going to tolerate it. One of our stewards got the banner and was assaulted. The guy was arrested and he spent the night in prison and he will be banned for life."

Lawwell said it would be wrong to blame Thursday night's incidents on the Green Brigade, the vocal section of fans who have courted controversy in the past through IRA chanting, despite their emergence being otherwise welcomed by the club. "It is a very small, rogue element. It is not the Green Brigade. It is a handful of people who for some reason think this is the right thing to do. It embarrasses the club. It embarrasses the vast, vast majority of our supporters, who would be sitting there last night.

"We are going to stop it. Even amid that hardcore of Celtic fans coming out here to Italy in December, it is a very small element. I don't know what their motivation is, but we are going to stop it. These people cannot love Celtic, given what they have inflicted on us.

"This could well be the tipping point. People are sick of it. In 2003, our four supporters' associations stood at Celtic Park and collected the UEFA Fair Play award. But now, eight years later we get this, and these banners. It's just not right. It's not Celtic.

"This is a rogue element that has infiltrated our support, with whatever objective, but it is a very small minority.

"The other thing is, last night was about Celtic from the SPL playing against Udinese, and it was fantastic. The unfortunate thing is that all this has overshadowed it.

"The eyes of UEFA were already on Celtic. There is no logic to this. If it was logical, it would be easy to sort out."

Lawwell denied that the club had been soft on previous poor behaviour, or that it had been wrong to give the Green Brigade its own area of Parkhead, the seating section 111. The pro-IRA chanting heard at the games against Rennes and Hibernian to provoke UEFA and SPL investigations was attributed to members of the Green Brigade.

"What we have done is try to enhance the atmosphere at Celtic Park by making it an event, an occasion, but we have also been very strict and very hard in terms of the behaviour. So I don't think we have brought it upon ourselves," added Lawwell.

"The best way for me to deal with it is to identify who is doing it, who is fanning this, and sort it out.

"I think there is a recognition that we would like to be able to control the standing section 111 at Celtic Park, but we can't control all of it.

"We've got video of the flares guys and we'll look at pictures of the guys that held the banner. So we will identify them and then we will take appropriate action."

Hope they get hammered and celtic do sweet FA, just media talk to appear to be doing something.

To my mind, a strong leader that comments on the plight of the poor as an excuse for not introducing certain methods of decision making technology might feel the need to comment upon the wages of quarter a million a week for one player. But then again, not if you're a crook.

Excuse my ignorance...but can you simplify this statement?

Sepp Blatter claims that one reason fo not introducing TV replays to make decisions during a game is unfair on poorer countries, hence the reason why he's against introducing it. But he doesn't seem too worried about the diffirence in wages earned amongst players.

Seems a bit hypocritical to me.