Just sitting watching it the now and Ray Wilkins is talking about runners from midfield into the box, specifically Phil Jones. He's made about about 5 or 6 late runs into the box and had a few shots on goal because of it.

It got me thinking, do we have any players who do that? I can't think of any. It's as if Ally tells the defensive players not to wander to far forward.

I'd love a Lampard, Ljungberg or Gerrard type player who bust a gut to get into the box from midfield.

Just sitting watching it the now and Ray Wilkins is talking about runners from midfield into the box, specifically Phil Jones. He's made about about 5 or 6 late runs into the box and had a few shots on goal because of it.

It got me thinking, do we have any players who do that? I can't think of any. It's as if Ally tells the defensive players not to wander to far forward.

I'd love a Lampard, Ljungberg or Gerrard type player who bust a gut to get into the box from midfield.

Naismith :(

He is the only player we have that makes those late runs which actually count. None of our midfielders try to break beyond the strikers. And that is a big part of why we are struggling so much. We are playing in front of the opposition instead of getting in behind.

Naismith :(

He is the only player we have that makes those late runs which actually count. None of our midfielders try to break beyond the strikers. And that is a big part of why we are struggling so much. We are playing in front of the opposition instead of getting in behind.

Even with Naismith I think he is already in the box waiting for the pass rather than coming in late. You're probably right though, he's the nearest player we have to someone like a Lampard or Ljungberg.

Even with Naismith I think he is already in the box waiting for the pass rather than coming in late. You're probably right though, he's the nearest player we have to someone like a Lampard or Ljungberg.

I always thought that when Naismith played RM then he would break into the box late - am sure I saw him do that in a couple of pre-season games or even at the start of the season.

It isnt even THAT difficult - making the run in the first place is the big thing - but none of our players do it. Davis has the capability but he is more often than not in the centre circle.....

I always thought that when Naismith played RM then he would break into the box late - am sure I saw him do that in a couple of pre-season games or even at the start of the season.

It isnt even THAT difficult - making the run in the first place is the big thing - but none of our players do it. Davis has the capability but he is more often than not in the centre circle.....

It's as if the management don't want the players in the box incase we lose possession.

It's as if the management don't want the players in the box incase we lose possession.

Aye, better to draw 0-0 than..... draw 0-0 ? We dont need 6 defenders in the team against ANY SPL team. Edu AND McCulloch in the same team is almost criminal.