Thanks For Your Support

Russell stressed those who committed themselves to season tickets were able to help manager Ally McCoist secure key signings such as Carlos Bocanegra, Dorin Goian and Lee Wallace.

I thought it was Craig Whyte's supposed £5m+ investment in the playing squad which was meant to have secured the new signings, no? :whistle:

I liked that part where he claims to make footballl more affordable, but at £42 for the last OF game, I'm puzzled as to what that statement actually means.

The 'Well game on 2nd January is £25, which is just about affordable, but the sheep game is £27? Is that because there will be more police present at that game? The 'Well game seems more important to me than relugation strugglers.

I liked that part where he claims to make footballl more affordable, but at £42 for the last OF game, I'm puzzled as to what that statement actually means.

They've done a few good family and student deals this season. Personally, I think they should do much much more to make prices cheaper for OAPs.

The 'Well game on 2nd January is £25, which is just about affordable, but the sheep game is £27? Is that because there will be more police present at that game? The 'Well game seems more important to me than relugation strugglers.

They'll maybe be preparing for a bigger crowd at the Aberdeen game, although with the 'Well doing so well it could be the other way round I suppose.

Aberdeen bring a decent away support, Motherwell probably won't, even if they are third.

That's really what I was getting at. There will simply be a bigger crowd, which equals more police, I just hope the extra police are worth the money and take note of what the Aberdeens fans like to sing normally. The SPL have set out their new rules and if we have to pay more, lets hope we can get a stop put to their glorifying death.

I think we're getting into grey, maybe semantic areas here with the point I highlighted in post #2.

This article (in part), which is an official Rangers article is saying that Ali Russell thanks the ST buyers for helping the manager aquire the key players in the summer. That then raises a question or two about Whyte's supposed new money being invested in the playing squad. When Whyte was defending the summer spending on camera and in interviews, did he actually say that HE had invested X amount into the playing squad or simply that X amount had been invested (IE season ticket money).

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything about this, but I think it's an interesting point. Did Whyte personally put £5m+ into the manager's player kitty over the summer or was everything paid for out of the season ticket money? Is there something else that I'm simply missing here?

I thought it was Craig Whyte's supposed £5m+ investment in the playing squad which was meant to have secured the new signings, no? :whistle:

My take on the comment is that having a secure fan base has helped bring the players, rather than the cash generated.

The bottom line is, "Please, keep giving us your money"!

Which is the way any business would go about an appeal of this nature.

I don't know how many times I've been bombareded with praise, and I'm sure getting more emails in my inbox this past few weeks than usual about cut price two for one replica shirts.